vskydiver

A little head

I'm told that guys like a little head, but in my experience, it's very hard to fit into a camera helmet. :D:D:D

I'd like to find a camera helmet that isn't too expensive that will fit my little 21 inch head. I do not want to buy extra pads for a larger shell!! I want something that actually fits without added bulk.

Currently I'm using a skysystems HR2 as they make an actual XS helmet. I've attached an "L" bracket on the side and stuck my Sony CX100 onto it. This works great until I have to get that still camera to go with it..... Now I think I need a real camera helmet. :(

Does anyone have any ideas?

Have you found the pads in the HR2 to a bit of a P.I.T.A.

I Don't have any advice for finding a small helmet but HR2 was the only thing that came to mind, sorry.

But yes, a little head ,though hard to fit, is always nice.
My photos

My Videos

Have you found the pads in the HR2 to a bit of a P.I.T.A.

I Don't have any advice for finding a small helmet but HR2 was the only thing that came to mind, sorry.

But yes, a little head ,though hard to fit, is always nice.

HA! That's what John says! Very nice.;)B|

I haven't had too bad of a time with the pads in the HR2 mainly because, all helmets for me have pain in the ass pads. These ones weren't as bad as some. AND, the helmet was actually small and fit, which thrilled me! It just doesn't seem to have enough room on it for all the stuff that needs to go there when doing vid AND stills. My other dilemma is finding a tiny still camera that takes fast, awesome pics for tandems and won't break my neck because it weighs more than me. But lets tackle one problem at a time. ;):D

Life is full of obstacles but NONE of them are insurmountable. I will make this work! :)

The pads don't come off with the added weight on the helmet?

There was a post in here somewhere about building your own helmet. I'll see if I can dig it up.

there was also one with a link to have one specially made.
I'm sure many company would be willing to customize a helemt but I doubt it would be cheap.
The two links I remember were pretty average priced.
My photos

My Videos

Valinda,

Suzanne has a 2K Composites FF2 that she loves. She gives a little head too. I mean has a little head too.....Ooops.:P
The shell is small and it's really pretty light with the CX100. I think they make an FF3 now that THAT camera fits into nicely and there's a flat spot on the top for a still camera.
FWIW I have one too (an FF2, not a little head) and I LOVE it.
Check it out:
http://www.2kcomposites.com/html/ff2.html

Greg

PM Ltdiver(Lori), she's a camera flyer and I remember her saying she has a small head. I'm sure she can give you some good advice on what may work for you.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING