Weightless

Post Your CX100 Fitted Helmet

Yea! i might have to get a separate helmet for that! preferrably with a drouge on it! :P

Anyways this is how i put the box on.. Does it look ok?

Two screws in the front corners and one in the center at the back. Alltough the back one interfers a bit with the metal camera plate so i might have to drill a hole in the plate. As it is now it lifts the plate up just enough to make the box a bit tight to close.

This is the Schumacher CX-100 Box. Made from billet ABS with an aluminum hinge. The box is made so the camera slips into it with no need for bolts. It comes with everything you need including the 30 to 35 step ring. In the photo the box has the optional hood for the Century Optice .3
You can Get these at Square 2 or contact terry.
[email protected]

Optik Illusion (got it used three years ago)
CX-100
Bonehead Goldmember Quick (sic) release.
Hype Eye Pro
Brent's Cross ringsite.

All new liners to boot. Love this setup. Soon I will up to a flat top type helmet. But not after a hundred or so jumps on this one.

I have an MXV with the side box, nothing real special, except I did do one modification which I really have never seen...

I wanted to eliminate having to remove and re-install the camera and possibly break the mounting screw mount as seems to be an issue... So for a grand total of about $5 and ~20 mins work, I have a camera that should really never have to come out of the box unless I want to use it for something else.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Hear is my 2k composites fuzion, they have made a small batch off them in carbon fibre it cost a bit more but I think it was worth it.
I have the new 2KC stills bracket with the portrait adaptor plate and a cx105 box witch I forgot to get the box in a matt finish never mind, every thing is mounted using two Zkulls.
I am having my Hypeye modified with a split in the cable so I can remove the camera box without having to unplug it from the camera.

Just finished the D/C power upgrade for my CX-100 now my Cookie Atomic is complete, for my trip to Florida. Unless I find some new great gadget or great lens.

This was recommended by "theonlyski" it's a simple upgrade that enables you to keep your camera in the cookie enclosure and you never need to remove it to charge the battery. In addition I have the hypoxic debrief cable to export or view footage without removing the camera.

The "theonlyski" also sent me the parts list and offered any assistance, even to build the enclosure. I told him he should patent the idea and $$$, but as usual all skydivers want to share our ideas for the love of the sport.

Parts List -
Size M Panel-mount Coaxial DC Power Jack
Model: 274-1563 | Catalog #: 274-1563
$2.99

Size M Coaxial DC Power Plug (2-Pack)
Model: 274-1569 | Catalog #: 274-1569
$2.99

Tools needed soldering iron, solder, flux, drill, dremel with grinding attachment, and some electrical tape. Wear a dust mask carbon fiber drilling & grinding is messy.

Big thanks goes out to "theonlyski" member of our forum and keep up the good work.

In addition I'd like to thank you for your service to our nation he will soon be deploying to Iraq once again, we all wish you "God Speed" in your mission and hope to see you in the sky soon. Blue Skies Brother!
87-91 USMC - Gulf War part 1 - Veteran
Live every day as it was your last, one day you'll be right!

Just finished the D/C power upgrade for my CX-100 now my Cookie Atomic is complete, for my trip to Florida. Unless I find some new great gadget or great lens.

This was recommended by "theonlyski" it's a simple upgrade that enables you to keep your camera in the cookie enclosure and you never need to remove it to charge the battery. In addition I have the hypoxic debrief cable to export or view footage without removing the camera.

The "theonlyski" also sent me the parts list and offered any assistance, even to build the enclosure. I told him he should patent the idea and $$$, but as usual all skydivers want to share our ideas for the love of the sport.

RADIO SHACK

Parts List -
Size M Panel-mount Coaxial DC Power Jack
Model: 274-1563 | Catalog #: 274-1563
$2.99

Size M Coaxial DC Power Plug (2-Pack)
Model: 274-1569 | Catalog #: 274-1569
$2.99

Tools needed soldering iron, solder, flux, drill, dremel with grinding attachment, and some electrical tape. Wear a dust mask carbon fiber drilling & grinding is messy.

Big thanks goes out to "theonlyski" member of our forum and keep up the good work.

In addition I'd like to thank you for your service to our nation he will soon be deploying to Iraq once again, we all wish you "God Speed" in your mission and hope to see you in the sky soon. Blue Skies Brother!
87-91 USMC - Gulf War part 1 - Veteran

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I am having my Hypeye modified with a split in the cable so I can remove the camera box without having to unplug it from the camera.

Folks, how are you doing this?

I so far came up with idea of using phone 6 pin connectors and 6 pin modular inline coupler.

The idea is split the cable into two, attach connedtors to both sides of the split (which is easy with crimping tool) and to have coupler glued in inside the box/cage.
This way I would not need to mess with soldering iron and the whole thing can be done in 5 mins.

Let me know if you see any issues with my set up, or if you have better ideas.
"Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off"
Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"

Here is my Cookie helmet with flatlock and home-made box for the CX100.

The box protects the CX100 with Raynox HD3030, I can use the big battery and the HYPEYE is inside the box with a cable for debriefing.
I only have to take the cam out for changing the battery.

With this system, When I take the box off, my helmet is clean, no unecessary cables.