Weightless

Post Your CX100 Fitted Helmet

Hey everyone

The last few weeks i have been obsessively trying to decide on what enclosure / helmet combination was best suited for my cx100. After going through every cx100 thread, contacting the manufactures and scouting my dz i am no closer to making a decision.

I have seen the cx100 side mounted at my dz using the cookie MVX and black box and it just looks strange. The camera is so small and the enclosure is so.... shoe box like

To date the best mounting example of this camera in my opinion is
http://e-claire246.livejournal.com/65613.html

Anyway i digress, how about posting up your cx100 pride and joy.

Lets make a collection of examples to help all potential cx100 users pick their helmet/enclosure combination based on images rather than pictures of boxes that look terrible in real life.

I just got a cookie box lightning fast from chutingstar and did the same sidemount I did with the CX7... It's got a Z-kulls bracket so it's removable and the Hypeye Pro is completely self contained inside the box and the FH70 battery fits. The indicator light sits alongside the Century Optic "baby death" .3 fisheye. The hypeye LED is clearly visible in my field of vision (much better than when I tucked the indicator into my sunglasses). The 'Baby death" does not protrude past the Cookie box enough to catch a riser. This whole setup does not protrude any further than my PC100 did on it an l bracket w/ neoprene condom. I get much less torque on my neck with the side mount vs the top mount. I have about 200 jumps with the CX7 sidemounted and 2000 with the PC100 sidemounted. It might look funny having such a large lens, but the HD video from the baby death is worth it on a big TV...

Thanks for getting the ball rolling!

I was tossing up between the Baby Death or the .55, ended up with the .55 but i have a feeling the .3 will be in the mail shortly.
I also like the way you have done they hypeye, having it all in the box is great!

Keep it coming everyone!

a friend of me bought the raynox 0.3 last week, i was impressed by the quality of the video clips so i orderd one too! because there are no round corners and you can zoom pretty much inside

i also own a 0.3 XDream and a 0.25 Liquid lense ... they both suck

today i found a little nice video about customizing a cheap wide angle to a fisheye http://www.divexit.de/pg/blog/steven/read/930/how-to-make-a-fisheye-from-a-wide-angle-lens-30mm

back to topic :-)

i use a tonfly "fuego pro" helmet and the camera is topmounted using a X-Shut and a neopren bag
---
FlyByWire Wingsuit Team

Neither is a very good shot of just the CX100 in box, but it fits nicely in _any_ of the Schumacher boxes (available from gethypoxic.com website) and after having seen this helmet really badly bite it with both cams and mounted 300 wt light (for those cloudy/overcast days or times when sun is right above you, works as a greate fill) I'm happy with Terry's work.

Similar, but not *quite* enough output for those sunny, backlit moments.
I use this one instead. More power, easier to mount.
Little more cost, tho.

I've always hated seeing videos that were shot in the middle of the day. This looks like a great solution, and one which uses surprisingly little power. Very cool, thanks for the tip.

Someone recently asked for an example of what this light can do....
This shot was taken with the sun behind, but the light at full. It fills in nicely, IMO.
There is one tandem master who bitches about it being too bright, but no one else seems to mind and no one else ever says anything. I think he just likes to bitch. :P
The light weighs nothing, and IMO, it's a great value. I'm not gonna bitch about the weight at all. It may well have saved my life at most, and my face at least during my recent landing accident.

Incidentally, you can put these on multiple jumpers for night jumps where you need to really illuminate the shot.

Neither is a very good shot of just the CX100 in box, but it fits nicely in _any_ of the Schumacher boxes (available from gethypoxic.com website) and after having seen this helmet really badly bite it with both cams and mounted 300 wt light (for those cloudy/overcast days or times when sun is right above you, works as a greate fill) I'm happy with Terry's work.

Spot,

What are you using to mount your still vertical like that? RRS and L bracket? if so which ones?

........it fits nicely in _any_ of the Schumacher boxes (available from gethypoxic.com website......

Where on their site? I did not see any boxes.

Ditto... I can only access page 1 of 3. Seems the link/button is not working.

DSE, do you have a direct link to the Schumacher cage?

Thanks
http://www.exitshot.com

Terry really has not been selling the cages. They were originally made for the CX7 but I retro fitted mine (new drill hole) to fit the CX100. I think spot and myself have the only two in existence. There may be parts for a few more at his shop.

However, for the CX100, he made a nifty box as seen on his post here

I need to run by his shop in the next few days, I'll ask about the cages and his CX100 box. The nice thing is it has a insert for a baby death.
HYPOXIC

.....I need to run by his shop in the next few days, I'll ask about the cages and his CX100 box......

Thanks for the response, will you please update us here if you find anything out.

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com

Is this the one?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=product&A=getSiblingItemDetail&Q=prev&Csku=618069&Cis=REG
Or would it be better to talk to your contacts at Litepanels?
Very cool setup.

http://www.litepanels.com/lp/products/micropro.html

Your link didn't get me anywhere but the BH Homepage
I don't know which would be better for you, might call LP first.