bdrake529

GoPro Hero HD!

Check out mounts @http://www.skydivingopro.com/osc/images/Mounts/ make sure you look at how to reduce snag points. Don't just take the GoPro and stick it to the top of your helmet, think as to how you can reduce any snag point. Also consider how to make the camera exit proof. Purchase the Hero Grab Bag mounts pn#GGB30 for more options. The decisions that you make will (hopefully)prevent the loss of the camera or a very scary mal.
D-2626, SCR1999, SCS641, NSCR2350, GW6909

Blue Skies!!!!!!

I did some photos jumps with Arizona Arsenal and decided to put three Go Pro HDs while doing so to finally make up my mind on the best mode to use. I shot with R2, R4, and R5 modes. You can see the color warmth, clarity, and wide angle differences between the different modes.

My ADD had the better of me and when switching to a different angle on the camera step, I accidentily lost my grip and fell off. It's flipping hillarious and that is also in this edit.

Enjoy... Check it the Go Pro HD Mode Comparison.

I think if you were using it as primary camera, R5 is perfect. If you want something for capturing a stunt, deployment, etc where you need super wide since you don't know what you're shooting; R4 is good. R4 seems extremely warm, which I find odd. R2 is good for wide angle in 16:9 aspect ratio.
HYPOXIC

Well i had a SD mini 4gd card in the camera thats about 2 years old. Everyone keeps talking about how you need a class 6 card for better performance and quality, so i ordered a kingston 8gb class 6 SDHC ultimate 133x card for about 45 bucks, it will take pictures in the camera but no video...any reason why this better card isnt working with the camera? Really annoying problem right now

No real clue...do you delete or format after it's full? You should always format.
Also, it may be that the card says it's rated, but it truly isn't.
Try a different card, see if it offers a different result?

weird thing is that I was getting the same effect when the links on page 2 or 3 were still available for download of the raw footage. I did not format it. just popped it in. Ill try that.

It sounds like your computer speed. Is it a laptop? Is it plugged in? My brand new macbook pro 17" dual core badass will stutter sometimes if I am on battery and not in a place with a good network connection. Finding a wireless network drives video crazy I've found. Antivirus and other things may cause your system's performance to degrade.

As for the card. I've been fine with class 4 cards. However I've had issues with microsd->SD type cards. I think with these things it's hit or miss. Someone posted the note they have in their instructions about recommending kingston and another named brand manufacturer's cards.

BTW, I just got off the phone with my GoPro rep and said if you ever see the SOS warning it means the file header was not written properly. If you place the card back into the original camera and see the SOS warning press any key to finalize it properly.
HYPOXIC

weird thing is that I was getting the same effect when the links on page 2 or 3 were still available for download of the raw footage. I did not format it. just popped it in. Ill try that.

You're having playback issues? It's probably your computer. Check out the below links and see if the 1080p version is jerkier than the lower res ones.

1080p http://sebflock.com/vids/Gravity.mp4
720p http://sebflock.com/vids/Gravity_720.mp4
480p http://sebflock.com/vids/Gravity_SD.mp4

They're all the same video and encoded the same way, just at different resolutions.

There's a guy at my DZ having issues with his vids being jerky to the point where it's hard to edit them. Pretty sure it's his computer too, even though it's a 6 month old $1500 Dell laptop.

This is an OLD song, but be sure no antivirus is running in the background while editing. this comes up so often, it should probably be part of the sticky novel.

During editing processes, nothing should be running in the background, antivirus in particular.

Really looking forward to what cookie comes up with for these cameras.
Just popped two in the mail to them today.
These things are a instant hit here amongst the B-rel coaches and the Freefliers in Australia. Opening weekend of my shop I saw 12 walk out the door. Another 11 came in today and I only have one left with another 10 coming in tomorrow.
Huge hit.

One jumper at the dz has made a plate for his stills camera and his gopro, The go pro has a bolt through the stick on. However, he does not like it with filming andems because the lens is so wide, comments were he had to get in real close.

One problem I am finding is that the stick on, when clipping the camera in there is a bit of room for it to wobble, it is not as tight as it should be, seems to me that over time, this will just stretch to allow more and more wobble.

My GoPro supplier has hooked me up. With each motorsport camera I buy, which i think come with the best accesories as a package, he throws in a vented helmet strap as well. This came in handy over the weekend for attaching it to the foot or the leg if you might fly daffy.

Speaking to a wingsuit manufacturer who has theirs in the mail now, with sch a wide angle lens it is being thought along the lines of making a pocket in the suit at the end of the wing, over the wrist or something, maybe just on the hand, but so you can shoot the view ahead of the flier and at the same time get their head in the shot. Got to work with a lens that wide.

Would really like gopro to have a look at the clip ons not being tight enough. if you clip one into place and then have a look, you will see it wobble. Over time things like this usually get broken in, if it starts like this, it can only get worse.

Overall, awesome piece of equipment and I can see a lot of VRW groups taking to these cameras. If each person had one in a different position, you would come out with some really funky angles.

To those that are not american..... There is a slight issue with pricing. Each country has their own retail price., Each distributor gets a certain percentage off of course, but that percentage is off their countries retail price. Dealer agreements say you can not sell outside of your own country. However, you then look at the USA gopro.com webpage and you will be able to buy from that, but be careful as they have a mandatory $50 usd or something like that shipping and handling charge to try and even it out a bit. I have been told that he warehouses in each country have been battling for at least a year to get the prices sorted out and are now battling for gopro.com to not sell to the public outside of the USA, but with them selling 15,000 cameras direct from their website in a month, i doubt that will happen just so distributors outside the usa can sell a few hundred a year.

Retail price in Australia is $450 AUD. I currently sell them for $350 AUD and that includes the motosport package and the vented helmet strap.
Tripod mounts are $20 AUD.

If any of you creative lot come out with shells or anything for helmets, other than for cookie helmets, as they will for sur have their own soon, please let me know as I will be in the market to purchase some stock from you.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Place a piece of gaffer tape on the base of the mount. This helps out the wobble. You can change modes that make the image wider and narrower. Perhaps have your buddy select R5 mode as its narrower. There is a video on our website comparing the wideness of the different modes.

Yeah Gopro's country issues are a PIA but I understand why they do it.
-Trunk
HYPOXIC

Yeah Gopro's country issues are a PIA but I understand why they do it.

Do they list their resellers somewhere? The only resellers I found near me were 50% more expensive than the listed price.

My guess is that capitalistic mechanism of supply and demand is working as intended in this case... High demand, limited supply.
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

Seems to me to be a codec issue with the MP4 format and windoze movie maker in vista. You can convert to a different format with this http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=6304&file=1&evp=b393274a38f868d2d2eddb3f4db49bac and it seems to work. Quicktime will play the r1 setting video but if you use r5 is does the choppy thing. I don't know if Quicktime Pro fixes that issue on not.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

Do they list their resellers somewhere? The only resellers I found near me were 50% more expensive than the listed price.

My guess is that capitalistic mechanism of supply and demand is working as intended in this case... High demand, limited supply.

Yes, I bought it directly from GoPro instead. The customs forgot to take out any fee nor add the VAT, so it really ended up being a lot cheaper than the local resellers.

Seems to me to be a codec issue with the MP4 format and windoze movie maker in vista. You can convert to a different format with this http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=6304&file=1&evp=b393274a38f868d2d2eddb3f4db49bac and it seems to work. Quicktime will play the r1 setting video but if you use r5 is does the choppy thing. I don't know if Quicktime Pro fixes that issue on not.

The choppiness isn't a Quicktime problem, it's a decode problem on your computer. My dual quad machine plays all modes of the GoProHD without issue. I don't run any antivirus, and keep all background apps closed.
MovieMaker won't support the MP4 codec because Microsoft is still hoping they can get VC1 accepted as a standard. MovieMaker in Win7 won't edit the MP4 files, but at the least, Winmedia player now opens them.