bdrake529

GoPro Hero HD!

So what causes a decode problem?

Decode issues are almost always tied to one of two issues;
-Licensing
-CPU speed

CPU speed can be problematic when running antivirus, background apps, network searching for hardware, or general system resources.
Or, it just might be older and slower.
MPEG decoding is VERY processor intensive. It's one of the reasons Apple doesn't like MPEG much.

I downloaded the Vista Codec Pack and r5 will play fine in media player and media center, its still jumpy in quicktime. Interesting it will only play r1 in quicktime now. Going to take a break now before I take a hammer to this computer...
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

Motorsports and Helmet Hero are all sold out from manufacturer.

Might see some helmet ones in at end of January.

Australia warehouse ordered 200 naked cameras and they arrive today. I have the last 30. Only problem is that the three arm piece does not come with bag of goodies, so I have purchased all the bits but they have no screws, so off to the hardware store.
Also bought 30 bags of attachments and 30 tripod mounts and 30 vented helmet mounts for the foot.

We also have Two gloves being made right now and should have photos before xmas.
I am looking for any tandem gopro owners who would like to test one of these gloves before i make the production run.
We also have a Foot sock that will fit over shoe or tighten to the bare foot. There is no plastic covering the lens, so quality will be awesome still.

GoPro Naked HD + Vented helmet strap + bag of accessories + tripod mount will be $350 AUD.

Gloves are going to be $15 USD.
Sock will be $15USD. Looking for 20 people to test them before i sell them.

DSE- Maybe I can get one to you before NYE for you to have a look at before i start sending samples out?

Anyone who wants to sell their three arm mounts or their suction mount, please let me know.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Give up on em' both. Install VLC. Be sure everything is shut off in the background.
Report back.;)

It works. Now if I buy Quicktime Pro I should be able to do some painless edits?

Then you'll need to purchase an NLE software application. Most anything you pay for will edit MP4. Sure, you can convert to use in WMM, but two dramatic experiences take place.
A-takes a while to convert, tossing the value of file-based/card based camcorders out the window.
B-Significant loss in quality.

Both can be avoided by using any one of a dozen NLE software apps starting at around 60.00 in cost.

Been bought to my attention that some other dealers are annoyed at me.
I just want to apoloise as i understand how it may have looked. I was not trying to sell my cameras though, I was trying to let your american customers know that if they are considering one, they better go see you now so they can get one before they miss out with he daily growing backlog on cameras.

I can only sell to Australians anyway, and majority here are not in Australia. Was not mean to be an avertisement, more a go get your camera. Besides, I have none left now and with my dealer prices being the same as USA retail prices, there is no poin any americans buying from outside of america.

Hope that clears it out as I truley would never come into this forum and try and sell my shit, when ther are so many of you guys here who give solid advice day in and day out to this forum and deserve the sales alot more than I do.

Merry Xmas.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Both can be avoided by using any one of a dozen NLE software apps starting at around 60.00 in cost.

A few suggestions....?

You could always try one of the open source programs (some times they're not as good as the ones you pay for but for an average video editor they should offer all you need). You can find a list of them here.
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

In or out of a case, Ryan?
Saw one in a case flip more than 20 times after a swoop gone bad, it's hilarious to watch the video. It broke off the helmet on impact and rolled a long ways. And it survived.
Nothing else on the helmet did. [:/]

It fell while in the case. The case broke apart on impact. The camera looks almost perfect, aside from a very tiny crack in the bottom left corner, and some very slight chipping of the outside plastic. The camera still had the red light on when I got downstairs to retrieve it. It wouldnt turn off, so I removed the battery. Now the camera won't turn on. Tried plugging it in to the TV, and my laptop. No dice. Unfortunately I think it is gone for good.

Ryan, was the camera out of the case when you found it after the fall? We noticed the cameras that survived our "drop" tests where those that stayed inside of the case with some help from gaffers tape. Almost seems that the impact doesn't kill the cameras, its the getting flung out of the case that does. Just a thought as strange as it may be.

-Trunk
HYPOXIC

Hey Trunk,

Yeah, it was flung out of the case after the impact. Maybe I will try to secure the case with tape if I decide to buy another. Its strange, aesthetically, the camera looks almost as good as new.. But I guess something on the inside got scrambled. I wonder if it is worth taking it somewhere for repairs?

Looks like there are some issues not solved yet:

my set-up: HD Gopro Helmet
setting for HD r5/Pal

running on a PC with XP SP3 - when wanting to open file: error msg code -2048: the file ...mp4 can't be opennend because Quicktime can't access the format.

here the info on the file:
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Philippe\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Videos\LSZR.MP4::Output

Media Type 0:
--------------------------
Unknown

AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Stream {E436EB83-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}
subtype: Unknown GUID Name {08E22ADA-B715-45ED-9D20-7B87750301D4}
formattype: TIME_FORMAT_NONE {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 1
cbFormat: 0

Media Type 1:
--------------------------
Unknown

AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Stream {E436EB83-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}
subtype: TIME_FORMAT_NONE {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
formattype: TIME_FORMAT_NONE {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 1
cbFormat: 0

any clues?

ty

Phil
how high can you fly with broken wings ...
life's a journey not a destination

http://skydivingopro.com/osc/images/Mounts/ doesn't seem to be resolving for me, do you have pics of your mounting on any other site? Or can you just attach them to this thread?

After how easily my gopro snags lines when I'm gathering up my chute after landing I'm convinced this camera is probably the absolute worst thing out there when it comes to being a snag hazard.