chaospilot

Selling Digital Stills Online?

Been trying each online website for selling digital stills and having a heck of a time. I just want to sell my digital stills for one price, no mugs, etc. Any recommendations? If you use your own website, do you recommend a certain web template with ECOMMERCE module? Thanks y'all!
Bryan Cavage, D-19100
AFF I, Tandem I, Vidiot
http://www.dropzonesolutions.com
-Social Media Consultant and Skydiving Gear Guru

i use smugmug and like it a lot... I don't make a whole lot of money... ok... I don't really make any... but it's easy to upload pictures and videos (which can't be sold yet... although it would be nice (you know... DVD's... bluray cabable DVD's... from the HD videos that I've uploaded...) I can't imagine it would be that challenging... although I'm not sure how it would work...

with a Pro account you can use your own domain name... and can set the prices... you have a lot of control over access to your photos... and there is a lot of customisation possible... and there is a lot of help available to create customisations...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Been trying each online website for selling digital stills and having a heck of a time. I just want to sell my digital stills for one price, no mugs, etc. Any recommendations? If you use your own website, do you recommend a certain web template with ECOMMERCE module? Thanks y'all!

Are you wanting to sell the digital images themselves, or photographic prints? I manage my own web sites and sell prints only. I use Adobe Photoshop's Web Photo Gallery template. I modified the template so that it inserts the necessary scripting for submitting orders through my Paypal business account. This is very easy to do if you know how to write basic html and javascript an can manage a basic web hosting account.

Here's what it looks like: CLICKY

I was using shutterfly and yeah, it's sorta a rip. Now I just have the buyer send me the info of what they want and I get it printed and then either give it them at the DZ or have it mailed right to them. My web page making skill are very limited & I've done all my own work.

www.linestretch.net
my pics & stuff!

I use photoreflect.com

No monthly or annual fees. They take a cut of the sale the the hosting is free. Their tools make it simple enough to upload. You can develop or they can handle that. I usually develop my self locally and then mail the prints.

Regards.