ac28962

CX100 mount and glass

My PC10 died and I just picked up a CX100 and a Cookie box and am trying to choose a mount and glass. I am moving from side to top mount.

First, which mounts do people like in current technology... I know there are a lot out there but those I’ve been looking at are … Schumacher's Quick Shoe, Goldmember Quick-Release, The Liquid Flatlock and Really Right Stuff (please pipe in if others are recommended). These all seem to be $100 to $150.

Second is glass .4 to .5 … I’d be willing to shell out +/- $150. I have read many opinions here on Raynox, Century, Opteka and Kenko but not much on Liquid. Any comments on Liquid? The only issue is I want rear threads to match (30mm) as I have seen people having trouble with adapter rings causing a black ring around the video.

Thanks, Mike

click

On the glass, you want a raynox hd3032pro or hd5050pro. Really. Why would you put an SD lens like the liquid on a HD camera. Yes you'll need a stepring and no you'll not get vignetting. But if you read a few of the existing CX100/105 threads you'd know all that.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Goldmember - no, unless you want to shim it. They shake a lot.
Flatlock works well as long as your platform is 100% absolutely flat.

>Any comments on Liquid?

I've tried two of the Liquid lenses and they're really not up to HD video. The Raynox 3032 is a good .5 lens (it says it's a .3 but it's closer to a .5 on the CX100.) I use a 30mm stepdown ring with no vignetting on a regular TV.

Dragon2, are you burning videos on DVd or Blueray?? I have a cx100, and im using it as a SD, becuase i burn videos on DVD.

It`s useless to film on HD if you do not burn videos on a HD support as Blueray.

IMO, its ridiculous to spend money on a new lense if you still continue making DVD,s

I'm not, however we sometimes do edit in HD and the footage shot in HD burned to a DVD is still better. With the CX105 for tandemvids and teamtraining I shoot in SD because the edit takes too long otherwise but the liquid and similar lenses are really crappy compared to the HD lenses whatever format you shoot/edit.

ciel bleu,
Saskia