freefalle

Does anyone use a quantum pack for there flash?

I just picked up a 580ex2. I am considering getting a quantum power pack or something similar to provide fast recycle times. However, I'm not sure what to get, I see several on the market varying in price etc. Anybody have any advice? Thanks

Chuck

I just picked up a 580ex2. I am considering getting a quantum power pack or something similar to provide fast recycle times. However, I'm not sure what to get, I see several on the market varying in price etc. Anybody have any advice? Thanks

Chuck

It all depends on what you want to do, but I have the quantum turbo 2x2 .. and all I can say is.. you dont want to ever work without it.

Its the difference between a 1fps camera or a 5fps camera.. do you want your flash to be ready when YOU want to take the shot, or do you want to wait till the flash is ready for you?

Also look at the Quantum Turbo SC

Quantum Turbo SC at B&H Photo
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=cart&A=details&Q=&sku=467222&is=REG

You will also need to get the Quantum CZ connection cable for the Canon 580EX II

Quantum Turbo SC
http://www.qtm.com/?page=3141&qmode=c

Quantum Turbo Recycle Chart
http://www.qtm.com/?page=3102&qmode=c&back_one=&clear_qpower_features=&back_one=&clear_qpower_features=&back_one=&clear_qpower_features=&back_one=&clear_qpower_features=&back_one=&clear_qpower_features=&back_one=&clear_qpower_features=&back_one=&clear_qpower_features=&back_one=&clear_qpower_features=

Notice: Current Owners of Canon 580EX II ( TYPE II ONLY)
and Turbo 2x2, Turbo SC, Turbo C
Important Operating Notice

Solution: Set Flash Custom Function #01 Auto power off to Disable (1)

Problem
The custom function on the Canon 580EX II is set to (0)enabled when shipped.
This function enables the flash go to sleep after a predetermined time of idling.
If custom function 01 is not turned off the flash will go to sleep and the Turbo Batteries will shut down.

If C.Fn 01 is not disabled you must turn the Turbo OFF and then ON otherwise it will not wake-up when the flash awakes.

Disabling this function will prevent the above Turbos from shutting down.

Connecting Procedure for Canon System / Canon 580EX II with above Turbos

If the procedure below is not followed the Turbo with not operate.

Mount flash to camera.

Connect Turbo long CZ/short CCZ flash cable between 580EX II & Turbo 2x2, Turbo SC or Turbo C.

Turn on camera and flash.

Turn on the Turbo last.

Thanks guys, I'll add one of these to my shopping list. I'm picking up a couple of more lenses I want the canon 2.8 70-200L and the sigma 50-500. That should A) break be for a while and B) be everything I need to do what I want for now. Thanks for the advise

Chuck