pangbom

Stepring stuck on lens

I googled it, searched this forum but couldnt find a solution. A stepring is totally stuck on the lens. Ive tried heating it, chilling it, a lot of plyers, plastic gloves, rubber - nothing works.

Apart from not putting it on so hard in the first place, what advise do you have to get the lil' bugger off?

Thanks, Heffie.
Look at my videos at vimeo.com/heffie
Look at my photos a 500px.com/johannesbergfors

Carefully wrap a bit of gaffer tape around just the ring, being sure to leave extra to grip.
Carefully wrap a bit of gaffer tape around just the lens, being sure to leave extra to grip.

Now hold one while turning the other.
Next time, rub some oil from the outside of your nose on the threads before mating them.

Just wanted to let you all know what finally worked, after trying everything i read on google, every tip i got.

What I did to remove my stepring from the lens (although I didn't care if i'd break the stepring):

1. I put the lens on a hard surface so it couldn't move up and down. I held it there with my feet to it wouldnt move to much side to side either.
2. I placed a very small screwdriver on the stepring.
3. Then I tapped it lightly a couple of times with a small hammer.
4. The ring came of like it just woke up from a coma, missing everything i did with plyers, wire and violence.

Before i put the lens on the new camera, with the new stepring, i rubbed it with nose oil :)
Look at my videos at vimeo.com/heffie
Look at my photos a 500px.com/johannesbergfors