icevideot

Lens comparison photos with CX100

I am always looking for a way to compare wide angle lenses without having to just buy them so I wanted to share this.

In the past I have been pretty happy with my Kenko .5 Pro (Mfr# SGW05P). It is wider than any .42 or .43 I have done a direct comparison with and I always thought the resolution was pretty good.

After reading how important it is to have a high def lens I finally decided the safest bet would be the Raynox HD3032.

Here a 6 test shots I took and posted on facebook. I hope they help someone.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=82456&id=561498163&l=a8ce143e1a
"... this ain't a Nerf world."

Got my cx105 today. Haven't got a "real" wide angle yet so i tested it with my old Cokin 0.43 wideangle. Payed $30 for it. A lot less vignetting than on my old samsung mx20. Filmed in SD HQ.

Maybe someone is interested to see how the camera works with this perticular lens.

Thanks, Heffie, Sweden

(edit: forgot the url)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt8nrfq_a2A
Look at my videos at vimeo.com/heffie
Look at my photos a 500px.com/johannesbergfors

Thanks a lot. I'm just getting a new setup with a CX-105 and now i have to spend even more on a new lens... damit! ;)
Seriously, thanks for the comparison.

The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

I spoke to Sara Curtis of Arizona Arsenal last night after I let her use my baby death lens for the past two weeks of VFS training. She seems to think its even wider than a royal .2 but we should be able to easily measure that when I get back to the DZ. I take it she zoomed in a tad since it was just way to wide for VFS camera flying.

Now if I ever get my lens back is the question. :S

-Trunk

HYPOXIC

I tend to agree with her.

I was just sitting inside the studio when i did those,I need to go outside and do a real comparison with another view, but it's ugly here right now. i actually like the opteka better than my baby death. This is why i bought both of them before jumping them . I don't like the rubber shade on the baby death. The opteka is metal with a set screw.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................