virgin-burner

how's that for a video-setup!?

the dude recommends stainless for skydiving, the price difference is only like 50 euros; if its a fucking carbon-fibre helmet, of course i'll go with titanium! its lighter too! :)

the almost 600$ also cover the neoprene-glove, the aluminium bracket, the installation-set, PLUS the installation itself!

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

been to the dz and got to borrow a wide-angle, and played around with it for a bit, but didnt jump. looks like i dont even have to do additional alignments in order to produce decent videos. we'll see how it performs in the air.. :)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

interesting quick connect.

i have 2 questions
it looks like the parts mate up and then "twist' to engage... and if so,,, couldn't a riser strike at just the right angle, cause the box to pivot??, thereby making it 'susceptible to 'unlocking' ??

2. what provisions have been made for a cameye indicator light?
i can see that the control switches for the camcorder are easly accessed and that's good.... ( I never Run my cams from the cameye switch.. THAT switch is kept covered and is stuffed up inside one of the hollow 'ears' on my BatRak ) But is IS helpful to have that indicator light up next to one eye,, to TELL me,, what is going on, with the camera...
had you given some thought to the USE of a cameye???

skydive safely

jmy
A 3914
D 12122
nscr 1817

that is correct. do you mean a slap to the side or from the back? check their website to maybe get a better view of how it works. basically its a cross that goes into the connector, then turns, and a little part pushed by a spring will pop in and make sure it stays where its at.

the cameye, is that what LANC is for!? :S
(little light you'd route in front of your face which turns blue (?) when you're recording!?"
i'm an absolute noob at cameras and dont know much about those terminologies. the camera is a PC101, and if i'm not mistaken, it does not offer this option..

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

oh, thanks for that! see, i know nothing about cameras.. :)

Educating yourself before strapping one on your head might be prudent. The "ooops is it on" stress factor can lead to bad results when you are focused on the camera verses your jump.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

as i said in my original post, at the moment, i dont put much emphasis, other than capturing some footagge, on flying a camera; i must say tough, the more i play with it.. :)
so, i get on the plane as usual, just before exit, i switch and push, and i should be good to go! as already practised on the ground! ;)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

On the plus side, with gaps like that, the helmet might just stay with the main canopy when both inevitably have to be cutaway!

(I keeed, I keeeeed...)

+1 on the "cover the gaps" line of suggestions.

On a more serious note, please, please, please think about and practice your helmet cutaway in relation to your malfunction procedures.

I'm not going to bore everyone with my story again, but since you're new to camera jumping and may not have seen that thread, I'll share with you that by all accounts I should be dead because of an out of sequence main/helmet cutaway. An out of sequence cutaway can snap your neck pretty easily.

So, it's not enough to go "Cutaway? Yep, got me one o' thems!". You really need to think about when you would use it (and when you might not), how you'd know the difference, and what the sequence of your cutaways are... (When do you just cutaway your helmet? When do you just cutaway your main? When do you cutaway your helmet and then your main? When do you cutaway your main then your helmet?)

(I don't consider myself an expert, but I've been doing it clumsily for a while now, and I've learned how not to do it, sometimes at great pains - literally - to myself.)
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

two points:
~fill the gaps

~A lot of guys put on cameras and say "I'm just shooting whatever happens, but not looking to get a shot." Then you get down on the ground and review the "whatever happens" footage, which often enough, is not very good if anything is seen at all. Then you'll find yourself thinking "If I'd just lifted my head a little more" or "If I'd just held that position for a second longer..." and next thing you know....you're flying as a cameraman instead of simply flying a camera and the camera is the distraction.
Be careful out there....I allowed myself to be distracted and it nearly cost me my life.

:)
so, i get on the plane as usual, just before exit, i switch and push, and i should be good to go! as already practised on the ground! ;)

....Now that's a GOOD ONE, right there...!!!
i think i'm gonna make up a sticker with that quote , on it, and put it on the back of my helmet....!!!!
B|;)

please also remember NOT to get carried away While Under Canopy or distracted trying "to video something", instead of watching for traffic, maintaining altitude awareness and safely inserting yourself into the pattern, among the others in the sky...

Also, If the camcorder has the LANC port, i'd say get a cameye or a hype-eye, it couldn't hurt and is a relatively low cost 'insurance policy'
not sure just how you'd run the wire, given the release, but camera helmets were BORN to have Holes drilled in them ..:oB|;):)
good luck
jimmy
4 stack 930

>lets put it this way, i dont make it my primary target..

But it's still _a_ target, a big one.

The three biggest lies in skydiving:

-the check's in the mail
-sure it's small but I'll be REALLY careful
-I'm just going to turn the camera on and ignore it

You can have the best intentions in the world, but it just doesn't turn out that way. It's gotten me, and has gotten some of the best skydivers in the business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSizpvLnf08

settings are a little off and camera shut off on opening.. other than that, i'm quite happy with the results. i guess i kept my head less quiet than believed.

do you guys use "steadyshot" or not!?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda