horny955

Tonfly cx7 box

Picked up my new CX7 box from Tonfly.

Well what can I say I'm shocked.... The finish and the build quality of this product was terrible, when all I hear on this forum is good thing about Tonfly.. Where did I go wrong???

It took around 6 weeks to arrive and I wish I could say it was worth the wait, but it wasn't..

Attached are some pictures which I have taken to show you what I received today. There is a crack around the hinge rivet hole, all the edges are very rough and the lid is a really bad fit. The list goes on....

Did I get a bad batch???? Your feedback would be good as I've just spent £100 on this box..!

I'd let Gio know ASAP, I'm sure he'd be unhappy if he saw that too.
Tonfly has excellent customer service in my experience. They even followed up with a friend to be sure he got his helmet on time, they'd shipped it to a DZ that he was heading to.

I'd let Gio know ASAP, I'm sure he'd be unhappy if he saw that too.
Tonfly has excellent customer service in my experience. They even followed up with a friend to be sure he got his helmet on time, they'd shipped it to a DZ that he was heading to.

I can second this.

I have a CX7 Box too, and I have no issues with it. Took a while to arrive (~ 3 months!) but that is because it was when they very first came out.

Giovanni rang me personally from the other side of the continent to check all was well. He e-mailed me images of my helmet whilst it was in production, and gave me advice for mounting a stills mount only a few weeks ago - even photoshopped the hole placements on to a photo of my helmet for me!

Great bloke, great company.

I wouldn't worry, they'll take care of you!

I had the same experience as Spot with Tonfly's service. From what I can tell, Giovanni spends a lot of time making sure that they generate a quality product - I suspect if you talk with him he'll make it right...
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Hello All.

Helmets are great from Tonfly.

But the camera boxes SUCK Bought a box for PC330 and a box HC5 neither of the boxes fit. the PC 330 box works if you add a wooden base plate and than the camera sits tight but not perfect. HC5 box is totally useless its made for HC3. I talked to Giovani and he did not have much to say. Did not offer to refund the money basically he did not care.

I too am having issues with Tonfly. I ordered 2 CX-100 enclosures. The box seems too flimsy, and doesn't close properly after applying the provided foam padding. If I remove enough padding so it closes properly, the camera easily shakes inside the box...in fact, I find it moves around when all the padding is in...might be due to the larger Raynox lens[:/]
Regardless, I have since sent two emails to Giovanni without any reply.
Here's a couple of photos I sent in my emails...maybe there's a better way to make it fit?? ...note the paint chips, this is a brand new box!

I ordered it before they even had a CX105 to model the box after, march 5 I first asked about it, march 6 my order was confirmed for CX105 box and HC5 box both in a custom color of purple. Got both half April, not bad since the box had yet to be designed and we had to email a few times about the custom color and the shipping so all in all, pretty fast. Me happy :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Looked at my paypal account today and tonfly have refunded me, but they haven't made any contact to explain the workmanship of this product, which I thought they would as I may have wanted it replaced.

I have now got a 2K composites cx105 box the quality is spot on, there is no having to make the camera fit with lumps of foam.

It comes with a thumb screw and every thing needed to fit the box to the helmet.

Thanks 2KC

I returned the box to Tonfly, Giovanni agreed that the quality was not good and refunded my money straight away, so i cant fault the service just the manufacturing. Now where do i spend the money on a cx box?

Meant to say im still after a cx7 box:$