Teigen

Sony HDR-TG5V

Do you have the 105? What is its advantages besides from the larger internal memory and the fact that doesnt lack the threads for lenses.. I might change my mind. The reason i wanted the Tg3 was because of its size. But i guess the 105 isnt really that much bigger..

I have the CX105 yes. It's so damn small, I was going to sell my helmet with sidemount for PC106/107/109 but the CX105 fits in it :o:)
The TG series are not real Sony cameras (not Sony parts inside it seems), they lack the thread and they are sidemount only, the CX105 scores better on all those points plus usually is cheaper (esp. if you do not have to buy the cookie box) and is smaller.

Edit: don't know if the TG series has a remote, the CX105 does not and that's a pain if you debrief using the camera (but half the people i know debrief from a laptop or dvd anyway so in that case, no problem) or for tandem videos if you edit linear.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Looks nice, but still no threads for lens attachments.

Also, the GPS feature is neat, but since there is no GPS metadata standard in AVCHD, it makes that feature a bit less of a sell (for me at least)...

the tg5 to my knowledge has some kind of new magnetic lens attachment. no sure how that would workout with the cam in a box but sounds cool.