DSE

Aerial interview....

Is the carabiner on your harness there to hold the mic during exit/deployment?

Yes, it's there for deployment. I exited with the blimp in my hand. Tying it off to my chest strap is first choice, but when it's -20 at altitude and I'm bare-handed, I'd like options.

Eh, just leave them stowed and then pop em right before you need to flare. You get good at harness turns. :P

While this appears to be a joke, some people reading may not know that a few years ago, a fatal incident resulted from somebody waiting too long to unstow their toggles.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Eh, just leave them stowed and then pop em right before you need to flare. You get good at harness turns. :P

While this appears to be a joke, some people reading may not know that a few years ago, a fatal incident resulted from somebody waiting too long to unstow their toggles.

As did someone who waited too long just a few months ago, too. A camera flyer at Elsinore.

meh...it's there, you can hear something, but it's not like it's terribly useful. It's more of a stunt/gag thing than real world. She can't hear anything I'm saying anyway. So, everything she said was pre-staged.
Blink, your answer is found about three posts up.

I didn't have a camera, the angle I wanted to generate wouldn't have benefitted from me wearing one, and it would have also distracted from the Blimp, which is the product I'm wanting to focus on.
When the magazine ad prints (different photo), I'll post it.
I too, like multiple camera angles. We shot a piece for Turner that involved four camera angles and although it's a bit of a dance, it works out well if it's properly planned and dirt-dived.