JVH1727

CX100 .3 lens

>is the 3030/HD3032 pro also fully zoomable from 0.3-0.7?

It seems to work OK although I have only tried it in freefall from full wide to almost full wide. On the ground I can get back to "normal" wide (i.e the camera's normal setting without a lens.)

Keep in mind that the CX100 with the 3030 is NOT a good inside lens; it's much narrower than the 3030 than on (say) the HC1. So if you want a really wide lens for freefly or whatever this might not be for you.

you could try adding some spacers to the lens.

I am using the baby death with the CX100 and it was also quite narrow till i added two spacers.

If by spacers you mean step rings, you cannot make the lens wider you can only make it more narrow. Plus have a care that using rings may cause vignetting, always check your footage on a PC not just on a TV as the PC will show much more of the image.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

i did talk to Century, and they are in the process of litigating with Opteka. Opteka apparently (according to Century) violated their patents.
Century did show a new semi-low profile .5 (I'd sort of alluded to this earlier) that I'll post photos of later today (between loads, gotta jam).

I've compared the raynox 3032 to a kenko 0.42, and there is a considerable difference in angle. The Kenko is alot wider.

I was just wondering if these comparisons were on the same camera? That would eliminate the possibility that the cameras had different focal length.

thanks
"... this ain't a Nerf world."