mnskydiver688

Using Neoprene Boot with CX100

Ok, I am going to be getting a MXV with a Flatlock on top and have some possibly stupid easy questions. I am going to forgo the box for now and I want to make a neoprene sleeve for the camera. Does it matter if the neoprene is also on the bottom where the mounting screw is? Does having the neoprene in between the camera and the flatlock throw off the rigidity of the mount and does it compromise the security of the mount? So how do would you video guys use a neoprene boot to protect the camera, while using a Flatlock? Thanks for any tips.
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

I don't have an MXV nor a Flatlock, and I don't use a neoprene boot on a CX100.
That said...
I wouldn't put anything beneath the CX100 (or any other camera) that isn't rigid.
I can't imagine you could compress the neoprene enough to make it hold the camera tightly enough to prevent movement.

Ok, I am going to be getting a MXV with a Flatlock on top and have some possibly stupid easy questions. I am going to forgo the box for now and I want to make a neoprene sleeve for the camera. Does it matter if the neoprene is also on the bottom where the mounting screw is? Does having the neoprene in between the camera and the flatlock throw off the rigidity of the mount and does it compromise the security of the mount? So how do would you video guys use a neoprene boot to protect the camera, while using a Flatlock? Thanks for any tips.

I have my CX11 mounted in a neoprene sleave with the sleave between the cam and the mount ... use it for everything from freefly to base ... it dosnt move around ... no probs