bluEagle

Assamble camera box on factory diver?

It's possible to put a topmount or sidemount on various fullface helmets, however one big downside to this is the fact you cannot cutaway the helmet. Making it a potential dangerous camerahelmet and one you're not allowed to jump on various DZs and in various countries. So, I'd only advise a camera helmet like that for people who absolutely need the fullface but still need cameras, like an AFF instructor or skysurf cameraflyer. IMO it's not good for beginner cameraflyers at all and for other purposes than AFF, there are much better and much safer choices. If you're set on a fullface there are a few manufacturers who have models like that ready-made, even so, there are much safer options out there.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

>At first I'll use it as AFF-Instructor. That's the reason I would like to use
>a full face helmet ;-)

Hmm. AFF is one of the few sorts of jumps where I _never_ use a full face helmet, so I can communicate with the student more effectively both in freefall and in the plane. (Off topic, sorry.)

Sorry, don't have any pics. The ones i've seen are mostly Z1 helmets, with custom made quite small L bracket (for PC106/107/109, the smallest PC series made), very neat they allow the visor to open like normal, with metal fillers between helmet and bracket, a screw and bungee holding the camera in place. Very neat, very small, and still an I managed to lose his camera last season [:/]

ciel bleu,
Saskia

-Factory diver helmet
-BH box for PC1000, box integrated to helmet with carbon fibre
-Self made top mount plate and detachable frame for still camera (Olympus E400), polycarbonate and carbon fibre.
-Cam eye for PC
-tongue switch for still
-weight without cameras ~1.2kg
-weight with cameras ~2.3kg

Designed to be as free of snagpoints as possible, especially from the back of the helmet, no cutaway.

V

"Fear is the path to the Dark side"
(Master Yoda)

It's possible to put a topmount or sidemount on various fullface helmets, however one big downside to this is the fact you cannot cutaway the helmet. Making it a potential dangerous camerahelmet and one you're not allowed to jump on various DZs and in various countries...:S
That all is 100% corect, well olmost all anyway do not forget that if you are making a helmet you can make cut-away for it.
I use my own ,,build,, factory diver with cut-away on it. My Camerra Set up:
Nikon D50+Tokina 17mm lens
Nikon sb-800 Flash
Sony HC-7 Camcorder with 0.45 lens
If you need some more help let me know.