freeflydemon

Any side mount for the new CX 100?

Sorry for the late reply Yes it dose have the LED, it goes throw the top of the helmet
Its not on the website yet I think they are building up some stock but I'm sure if you want one they will have one
I am very happy with it, it was £99.00 including VAT.

DZ sports quoted me around £150.00 for the cookie box
but I think there is a waiting time for them.

Through the top of the helmet, into the helmet, and then comes out in front of your forehead right? I would probably like it on the side, do you know how it would work out with the Hypeye in that case? And what lens do you use on your pictures (would love to see more!)?

At my DZ we compared a Raynox 3032 HD-lens with a 0.45 SD Kenko, and the Kenko was actually wider! Both were attached using a stepring. So I'm completely lost in the logic about what lens to choose for the CX100 if you'd like the width of a .45. Any ideas? Anyone tried a Liquid 3 or Liquid 2 on the cx 100? Cookie claims there is no loss of HD-quality using there lenses.

Thanks!
Look at my videos at vimeo.com/heffie
Look at my photos a 500px.com/johannesbergfors

Cookie is wrong, you can display footage on a HD TV and the edges are all blurry and are not crisp and sharp. Ask Cookie how many lines their lenses resolve to at both the center and on the edges.

There is a reason that good lenses cost a lot of money, there is a lot of time, energy and R&D that has to go into the optics.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

>So I'm completely lost in the logic about what lens to choose for the CX100
>if you'd like the width of a .45.

A Raynox 3032 on the CX100 gives me a slightly wider field of view as a Raynox 5050 on an HC1. (Note that saying "the width of a .45" won't give you a consistent width; different cameras will give you different fields of view with the same lens.)

>But we tested a .45 kenko and a 3032 raynox and the kenko was
>wider! on the same camera!

Right. In my experience, the only valid conclusion you can make about lenses is that the same lens with the same stepdown ring on the same camera will give you the same view angle. Anything else is a crap shoot.

Yeah sure, that I can understand. But we tested a .45 kenko and a 3032 raynox and the kenko was wider! on the same camera!

Yup. Welcome to the wonderful world of video lenses :S. I ordered a raynox .5 for my hc5 to replace the hama .45 I used to jump, never did jump the .5 ordered a .3 straight away as that was closer to the hama + trv25/pc106/pc2. The hama BTW was a replacement for my first lens a sony .6 which was again wider than the hama .45 (on the same camera). Sigh.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I was wondering if anyone has received their cx-100 blackbox from Cookie. When I placed my order on the 25th of March I received e-mail stating shipping would be in 4-5 weeks. After 6 weeks and no box or correspondence I inquired about the status. I received e-mail that my order SHOULD be shipped on May 20th. Is this typical of this company? Did I make a mistake by ordering from them? I was just wondering if anyone else was having similar troubles. >:(

4-6 weeks is pretty shitty customer service in my opinion! They dont have the damn thing in stock? they have to make every single box by orders? And how long can it possibly take to make ONE box? My FF suit took less than a month to custom make and ship to norway! When i got my 500mm which is a pretty big shipment, it took 3 days from New York to Norway! going through both Germany and Sweden before even entering Norway!

Cookie manufacturers things. They do a whole run at a time and this takes a couple of months. They were finally able to get a camera in Oz in early March (Camera was released a week earlier). Design, rapid prototyping, and production takes some time but is really worth it. From what I heard, no one has a Cookie CX100 yet but they will be shipping very shortly. I do not see this as being shitty customer service at all, I see this as being amazingly fast design cycle.
HYPOXIC

Cookie manufacturers things. They do a whole run at a time and this takes a couple of months. They were finally able to get a camera in Oz in early March (Camera was released a week earlier). Design, rapid prototyping, and production takes some time but is really worth it. From what I heard, no one has a Cookie CX100 yet but they will be shipping very shortly. I do not see this as being shitty customer service at all, I see this as being amazingly fast design cycle.

Add to that the fact that their website clearly states (& has stated since March) that the *initial run* of the box is currently being produced, and notes when the *estimated* ship date is.

While I can understand the OP wanting to get their box ASAP, I think it's foolish to expect ANY first-run item to ship on time.

That's one of the costs of being an early adopter. More often than not, 'stuff happens', and things get delayed. Anyone have their Neptune 3 yet? :D

On the bright side, I'd rather have it delayed and work well than have it ship on time with flaws. I've been on the wrong end of that situation before.
Signatures are the new black.

4-6 weeks is pretty shitty customer service in my opinion! They dont have the damn thing in stock? they have to make every single box by orders? And how long can it possibly take to make ONE box? My FF suit took less than a month to custom make and ship to norway! When i got my 500mm which is a pretty big shipment, it took 3 days from New York to Norway! going through both Germany and Sweden before even entering Norway!

How long has the manufacturer been making jumpsuits? If you're looking for a totally custom make (ie; you have one arm longer than the other) and special design applique, expect it to take time.
Cookie has to make molds, test, etc. It's not an overnight process. Your 500mm was already made and sitting on a warehouse shelf waiting for you to buy it.
Once Cookie gets the pipe filled, I'm sure boxes will flow out of his factory like water from a stream. But filling the reservoir takes time....and filling while assuring a design that meets needs and isn't flawed takes even more time.
Patience sucks, and I have none. But...if you want it good, don't expect it fast.:P

Hey all,

I feel the exact same way. Why does it take so long?? You have all answered correctly. It does go like this

Design, rapid prototype, testing, redesign, another rapid prototype, three weeks of cnc-3D machining for the aluminium molds. Prodution test run and hardware fitting. (We did also decided to machine our own hinges for this model, so we could get the seem in the correct postion). Test fitting. More production tooling. Yahoo we can now make some parts. Oh hang on. Post mold finishing, clear coating and now we get to assemble

We certainly appreciate your patience and understand when frustration sets in. Well we will be shipping our first production run next week and plan to catch up with the orders in the next 5-6 weeks with a view to getting back to our usually 5-7 day shipping shortly after.

During the design phase we up'd the anti, creating a stiffer base and a better fitting lid, coupled with our customed 6061 alloy hinge this new enclosure we feel you will be happy with.

BTW our new GAS helmet is a piece of engineering art. You cannot beat carbon fibre, hi-tech foams and custom machined alloy parts, a real credit to the Cookie team. Sorry a shamless plug

Cookie