freeflydemon

Any side mount for the new CX 100?

I don't know about RAWA but I believe Cookie's and TonFly's boxes are capable of being side mounted. Nothing says that you have to match your helmet manufacturer with your box manufacturer. If you really want to get a RAWA CX100 box, try giving Aerostore a call, they have really good ties with RAWA and would be able to help you out.

Edit: Sorry thought you were in the states. I do not know who the RAWA dealer is in Chile.
HYPOXIC

I know 2K Composite has an FF3 that will fit the new CX100 / 105 cause a friend just ordered one....

see BOWEN on these forums..he is a dealer

excelllent customer service and great guy to deal with

The FF3 rocks....very well built..I just love my FF3 with my HC5 camera...

good luck
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

Anyone know if Rawa is developing a side mount case for the CX100.

I found that rawa has a helmet with a side mount case for CX7/12 (photo attached).

I think I'll wait for a sidemount rawa and put my Canon on top. Any info?

We have a request into RAWA for the side-mount and top-mount box for the CX100/105. We are getting several requests for this. We haven't heard a definite on this or a timeline, but it seemed to take them a couple of months when the HC5/7/9 came out as well as the CX6/7/11/12...so I would expect about the same here.

I know Cookie is sending their CX100/105 boxes out in about 4 weeks or so for our MXV helmets. But the Cookie boxes don't work so well as a side-mount for the RAWA helmets, because there is a slight curve to the camera box mounting area for the RAWA.

I'll let you know as soon as I get a definite from RAWA on the side-mount CX100/105 boxes.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

Please send it them!!
I really need the comfort of a RAWA for this beauty...

It's just the perfect set up, a new RAWA with a side mount case and a cutaway system, Sony Cx100, Canon Xti, Hypeye D Pro, Conceptus tongue switch, my old 0.3x royal lens (at least for now...) and my amazing XAOS 27.

When you get the RAWA for the CX100, I'll buy it to you the same day!

Thanks again Mike and I'll be waiting for your news!

I tried to put my buddy's CX 100 into my 2K FF2.
There is plenty of room I just need to add about 1.5 inches to the L-bracket that is inside the cover.

The bracket is not tall enough to get the camera all the way up to the lens hole. But there is no problem otherwise.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Blackberry was only camera handy today; it gets the point across.
This is a Tonfly CC1 with a standard L-bracket, it's nearly .25 wider than the camera, and you can see with the camera centered, it slightly hangs over the back of the bracket.

Bonehead has a box that I bought for my CX-100. It looks like it will work, but works best with the larger battery. Otherwise you will have a bit of space to fill behind the camera. I am setting mine up for a side mount. Not sure if it will work for sure but is looking good so far.

ND2 is a Neutral Density 2. It helps reduce light coming into the camera so the camera can function at it's optimal aperture in brightly lit areas, such as shooting into the sun and water (which we were using the CX for as a crashcam, not skydiving related).

The Cookie Padlock has just become my favorite mount. I've yet to see anything more solid. It's big, but damn... You can hang from it. No kidding. I watched a professional weight lifter lift an entire display case via a pin on the Padlock...I don't know when it'll be shipping.
you can see it on Youtube.com, just search for the PIA videos.

Which quick release (top mount) do you recommend for a Canon XTi? I just don't care about money, I want the best quick release that i can get.

I like my Really right stuff Quick release system... :$

www.reallyrightstuff.com

and they definitely aren't inexpensive... :D

one of the things I like about them is that I can get an L-Bracket mounting plate that allows me to mount the camera in portriat or landscape configuration... :)
Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Woow, there are a lot of models...
Which ones I can use on my helmet???

I have two of these on top of my FTP... http://reallyrightstuff.com/rrs/Itemdesc.asp?ic=B2-LR-II&eq=&Tp=

I hope to never have enough weight on top of my head to need the 80mm..

which are attached by two 1/4"-20x3/4" long (I think) with a washer and a lock washer between the screw head and the back side of the plate...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...