VectorBoy

Still camera armor

Wouldn't consider it awkward at all. It's not too bulky, and adds no real weight. There are openings in all the right spots. Once it's on, there's no need to take it off. It's not gonna protect from a boot to the camera, but it simply offers some protection from minor bumps when boarding, exiting or moving around in the plane. And works great as protection when your camera helmet is not on your head. An inexpensive investment for my expensive equipment.

How many guys actually use it? I've seen a few here mostly at tandem mills. Is the added ackwardness worth the protection?

I thought about getting one, but just never got around to it.
Could have used one on my 10-22 lens (not sure if they have those) the other day when it fell out of my backpack (hiking trip). $220 to fix it.:(
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

How many guys actually use it? I've seen a few here mostly at tandem mills. Is the added ackwardness worth the protection?

Have had camera Armor on my 5D since it came out. Great stuff IMO. As was said above, isn't gonna protect against a boot to the head but all the other incidental contact that a camera typically gets makes it well worth it.

Camera Armor here
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I can't tell from your photo, but did you have to modify it for use with your RSS L bracket?

No, not at all. You might have to pull some of the rubber aside a tad on the bottom when you mount the L bracket but it doesn't get in the way or need to be trimmed.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Where can you pick up one of these. I really like the added protection.

As posted above http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=100832;
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"