RossDagley

Camera jacket

I fly a Firefly every camera jump. I have a two piece suit so I just swap out tops to meet my needs. I have the Suplex wings that are medium in size, I've never flown ZP wings so I can't tell if they are that big of a difference.

I just ordered a new set of pants since mine finally have started to give it up after 1200 jumps on them, she builds her stuff really strong. All the XP instructors wear Firefly suits in the tunnel have said they were holding up great even with long term use in the wind stream.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Oh I thought you were looking on info where to find them.

You're looking for just the top?
I'm curious as to what your wearing as a bottom?
I ask because of the possibility that just wearing a top can cover your handles.

I jump a firefly. It seems good so far but the elsatic waist band is a bit small in length. If I reach above my head it starts coming out of the pants.

Its not a huge issue. I can get it fixed but I have the use of another one that has a longer elastic band.

Eric,
Did you have this issue too?
My photos

My Videos

Tony makes a great camera wing, I've got one of his, I also have a Firefly with super-thick fabric layers (designed by norman kent) that I prefer in terms of stability and smoothness.

I also had a Windline suit that had ZP on the front and Supplex on the back, it worked really well, and I still wear it from time to time. Biggest issue with it is that the jacket isn't quite long enough nor tight enough, and when I go into a sit or on to my back for a deployment shot, it can blow upwards and covery my handles.
I prefer wings that clip to the rig or that clip back to themselves after being routed through hiprings on the rig.
Beyond the clipping system and whatever design holds the jacket down below the waist, I think wings are more or less wings. They can be made forward of the arm for a sit, backwards of the line of the arm for belly, and myriad combinations between. wing size is relevant to your weight and the desired amount of access to range.

Tony makes a great camera wing, I've got one of his, I also have a Firefly with super-thick fabric layers (designed by norman kent) that I prefer in terms of stability and smoothness.

I also had a Windline suit that had ZP on the front and Supplex on the back, it worked really well, and I still wear it from time to time. Biggest issue with it is that the jacket isn't quite long enough nor tight enough, and when I go into a sit or on to my back for a deployment shot, it can blow upwards and covery my handles.
I prefer wings that clip to the rig or that clip back to themselves after being routed through hiprings on the rig.
Beyond the clipping system and whatever design holds the jacket down below the waist, I think wings are more or less wings. They can be made forward of the arm for a sit, backwards of the line of the arm for belly, and myriad combinations between. wing size is relevant to your weight and the desired amount of access to range.

Thanks for the detailed explanation - thats pretty much what i was looking for. :)
I have seen a design where they use RSL type quick snaps to clip to the rigs hip rings that looks good. I'm hoping to use the suit for both belly (aff external video etc) and sit (for tandems etc) so I guess that placement of the wing "line" needs discussing with the makers :)
Thanks for all the help guys :)

I like having the removable bands that go around my legstraps to attach the wings to. I've seen rigs with rings sewn on to attach the RSL clips to. With the bands you can borrow another rig if necessary. It's probably more important that you find out what the other camera fliers use so you are compatible. All the Tonysuits camera jackets that I've seen with the Fastec clips have the male and female clips on the same sides.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.