davepend

iMovie 09 image stabilization?

it doesn't work well. My company has been a consultant to DynaPel (the company that Apple bought this technology from) for nearly a decade. MotionPerfect is good stuff for normal handheld shake, but it can't manage what skydivers throw at it and the image quality takes a serious hit. Very soft, and the motion blur is unbearable (IMO). Additionally, when working with HD in particular....slow doesn't begin to describe the render times of remapped frames with interpolation and prediction.
All that said...it DOES work the way it's supposed to. But people aren't supposed to be shooting video while flying through the air, either.:P

I just got a new cx12 and was wondering if you have ever had any problems importing your videos into imovie 09? I got the new ilife series today and i can only get one of the video clips i shot to load to it. I didn't know that when i bought it it was only going to let me load the video's from the camera dock and not from my card reader into imovie 09.
Any suggestions on this?

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Hey Velocityphoto,

You can open an iMovie project by right clicking and clicking on view contents or something along that line. Find the folder that the clips go in and drag and drop DV files into it. When you re-open the project the 'clips' will be there or maybe in the trash for the project.;)

I'm not sure what format the video is that you are talking about, so you may have to convert the files to DV first.

Hope that helps. B|

Danger Doug
www.dangerdoug.com

I just got done formating my computer so i don't have any video's to work with yet.
Maybe in a few days here i can shoot something at the dz to edit.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

If you're asking the question from an image stabilization angle, stabilization isn't any better on a PC than on a Mac, although there are a few more stabilization apps on the PC than on a Mac, but neither platform has any advantage over the other one.
If you're asking about import, Apple won't ever be as fast as a PC because of Apple's stance on licensing MPEG codecs.
With a PC, you can edit STRAIGHT OFF THE FLASH CARD IN-CAMERA. Or from the card reader. Or from an image of the card Xferred to an HDD. Or from the Stream folder-only copied.
I put this in caps, because it's important to understand that if speed is your goal, Mac cannot be the optimal solution with HDV or AVCHD. If speed isn't important, then Apple is a viable platform.