guscabana

New Sony AVCHD HDR-CX100, CX105

just went thru this this weekend. with out drilling a hole for your Hype eye to run thru the space between the camera and the bracket is 3/4" or 20mm. Makes the camera ALOT larger when you side mount. I'm going to drill mine this week and tuck it closer. But that also means I need to remove the handle.

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

Got a picture? I think I would be worried about the Hype eye getting ripped off with riser slap.

I'll take some when I get home, but I'm not sure if I understand your concern. The Hypeye is between the camera and the helmet, just like any left-side mount would have to be.

Ahhh. Sorry I understand now. Your mounting leg folds under not up like majority of "L" brackets. It's only lunch time and it already has been a very long day.

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

Im kinda trying to figure out wether to top or side mount this camera. I have no Zkulls mount on top, so a liquid flatlock would probably to the job for top mount.. I would really like to see more photos of the camera on the helmet.. Is it recommended that you get a box? or will the camera do fine with a neoprene sleeve? Just thinking that if i choose to not use a box i will probably do fine without a hypeye too.. If i have easy access to the record button..

Without the Hypeye you have to open the LCD and flip it around so it is exposed. Even with a sleeve I would still worry about something impacting the LCD. Maybe just my nerves.

No you don't. You can change a setting so the camera will stay on with the LCD closed.

INdyz,

I tried to send you a PM, but you have it disabled.

Could you take a picture of your setup for me? I'm side mounting the CX100 on my Optik as well. I want it as flush as possible so I'm going to drill a hole for the Hypeye.

Thanks a bunch!
"When once you have tasted flight..."

Could you take a picture of your setup for me? I'm side mounting the CX100 on my Optik as well. I want it as flush as possible so I'm going to drill a hole for the Hypeye.

Here's my setup. The bolt pattern is not what I would use if the L bracket was permanent, but I'm planning on switching to the Cookie box when it is available, so I wanted to reuse the existing holes from my last camera. I drilled the Hypeye hole with a largish bit, then reamed it out with a round file to get the size and position just right. The strap is there for a little extra security and to keep the screen closed when I'm not using the camera condom (I haven't made up my mind if I want to use it day-to-day yet). The skidpad is an old Para-Gear mousepad turned upside down and stuck on with spray adhesive.

Thanks for the pictures!

And where might I ask did you get the condom from? I'm trying to make one but can't get a hold of any old neoprene. Best I could find was a baby's wetsuit for $50. I may go that route, but I need enough to make them for my XSi and the CX100.

BTW...I picked up the camera tonight and WOW...it is TINY. Should work great with the Optik and the XSi on top.

I hear alot of discussion about HD lenses etc... How many people are actually leaving the video in HD format and putting it on Bluray for your customers? If it's going on DVD and being played in DVD players, it's simply wasting space, time etc....

I'm thinking for regular(commercial) use, record in SD, for end of year stuff, go HD. I just think that the SD video looks pretty damn decent and I was curious how it compares to a non-HD miniDV cam's output.

NICE! Thanks

I assume 3mm would be about what was used in the above photos? I saw some 1 or 1.5mm at the scuba shop and it was pretty thin.

Ordering right now!

FYI...I just ordered a linear foot of 3mm from seattlefabrics for $17 because as far as I could see, foamorder doesn't ship to Canada.

Thanks for all the help everyone! I think I'm good to go for the summer now (or at least once I get it all together!)

To do list:
-Install "L" bracket that BillVon is helping me with
-Install cutaway mod coming from chutingstar
-Make neoprene cases
-Order a Hypeye D Pro
-INstall Hypeye D Pro...

OK, so I've still got some work ahead of me...

Thanks again!

Just wanted to let everyone in on the deal I just got.
I was having a very noisy picture with my cx100 indoors. So, sent it in for testing and they said something was wrong. Sony service said it would take to long to repair and is giving me a full refund.
So, I then go to SonyStyle and get a good deal.
Red cx100, 3 year accidental coverage, carrying case, free shipping with tax was only $660. If your looking, might check there.
The accidental coverage is worth it alone with the way I like to landB|
Blue Skies

The Captain Makes It Happen....

Did you remove the door over the charger/AV port? If so, how did you do it?

I grabbed the tabs with hemostats and pulled/wiggled firmly until they came out. They came out in one piece, but the plastic was deformed significantly. It is not a reversible operation. Your mileage may vary.

2- Do I need a Mac to do the edition?

A Mac is the worst choice for AVCHD editing. No, you do not need a Mac.

Why is AVCHD bad? It seems to work in FC and iMovie?

If it doesn't work natively in Mac, it must be the "other thing.":S:D
HDV was "bad" because Mac doesn't natively support it (although every other platform does).
AVCHD isn't "Bad." Apple is "bad."
Apple intentionally chooses to not support AVCHD or other MPEG format with native decoding. You cannot use native AVCHD in any Apple product whether it's FCP, iMovie, Soundtrack, Logic, etc. It must be transcoded, which adds time to the editing process. If speed isn't your need and you're a Mac owner, then use iMovie or FCS/E.