guscabana

New Sony AVCHD HDR-CX100, CX105

I understand it's meant for HD television. That said, what mechanism are you going to use to play that back?
Blu-ray?
Direct from DVI/SVGA? (which codec?)
DVD 5 in a PS3?
MPEG 4 over computer w/HDMI output?

The codec variables make this a challenging workflow in some cases. From an Apple you could output 1920 over Revolver to BD disc or DVD 5, and play it in a BD or PS3, out over HDMI 1.3 to an HD display... (as one example)

Thanks, I called B and H but the '(expert?)' tried to tell me that I couldn't put one on the lens. I tried to explain that it was threaded but gave up. English not being his 1st language and all...

Here is the email reply I got from B&H (different from yours):

"The Century 0DS-55WA-37 wide angle adapter accepts 43mm filters. You can get the Hoya 43mm Introductory Filter Kit - Ultraviolet (UV), Circular Polarizer, Warming Filter (Intensifier) and Nylon Pouch
…/...
The 37mm is the rear of the lens, that is the part that connects to the camcorder. The diameter of the front of the lens is 43mm so you need to get a 43mm filter."

Just spent my first weekend jumping with my new cx100 top mounted to my cookie helmet via a liquid flat lock.

I am now trying to edit my footage and my Abobe Premier Pro editing software is not reconizing the .MTS files.

Do I have to get Sony Vegas to edit these files or am I missing something?
www.okanaganskydive.com

Don't fight the tidal wave. Use Sony Vegas. I am still being pulled kicking and screaming from Premier because I wanted it to work considering I got the entire creative suite, but I think Vegas will show itself to be a good quick editor. Vegas Movie Studio 9 that is. Vegas Pro is another, most likely better, story.
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

...but it was ment for Apple tv(HDMI)

I don't use iMovie, but I do use an Apple TV for all my home viewing of my own videos. When you use Quicktime to export the movie and choose the "Export to Apple TV" option, it defaults to 960x540. I assume iMovie does the same thing. I am not quite sure why, as Apple advertises their HD movie downloads at 720P (I think "P") on the Apple TV.

However with Quicktime (or FinalCutPro), you can export a QT movie in 1920i (rather than the "Export to Apple TV" option) and then import that movie into iTunes for use on the Apple TV to maintain full resolution. You should be able to export a similar file using iMovie.

I just picked up a cx100 at best buy on sale for 499.00 Im working on getting the rest of the odds and ends together to get it mounted on my ftp hopefully I'll have it in the air soon. Looks to be an improvement from what I've got on my head now. Much lighter.

Chuck

Where can i get metal stepup rings for the Raynox 3032? Im thinking of buying this lens for my camera.

Also, if anyone know about some footage shot with the CX100 and Raynox 3032 i would love to see some to help make up my mind.. I saw a couple of skydiving videos with the lens on youtube, but the camera flyer seemed pretty fresh and there was noone in the shot :S

Apologies if this is a re-post (heluva long thread...).

Been looking for a remote solution and came across this:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/cac-other-accessories/rm-av2#pageType=Compatibles

...wired remote?? seems that we are back in the '70s... :S:P

"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent