guscabana

New Sony AVCHD HDR-CX100, CX105

hello to all

i have some questions:
1) i have rawa camera man helmet and what place on him most optimum for cx100 for ff jumps - top or side mounted?
2) what middle lens is optimum for this camera and by what brand (company)? what can u advise? with my canon hf 100 i has use 0.5
3) so - only one way easy control - HYPEYE D PRO?
i can turn it on-off before every jump by hands - 1. open box door - turn on - push play button - close box door?
4) what box u can advise - tony? for example

thanks for answers before

p.s. and anybody post please FF tests of cx100 in good res to check how is it - u can download them at rapidshare.com

thanks

Side mount for most freeflyers
Wide angle lens, a .3 is used for most inside vid, or the .5 for outside. The .55 Century is inexpensive but high resolution.
HypEye is best way, yes. But you can remove from helmet, turn on, hit record, put LCD back in place, close helmet, jump, open helmet after landing, stop record, turn off....or you can use a HypEye to turn on, record, stop record, turn off.
For what the HypEye controller (or any other compatible controller) can do...the price is miniscule, IMO.
Cookie, Tonfly, and Bonehead all offer a box for the CX100. I think they're all good boxes, but I haven't seen the Bonehead yet.

Cookie, Tonfly, and Bonehead all offer a box for the CX100. I think they're all good boxes, but I haven't seen the Bonehead yet.

how i see there is a high difference in price between cookie and tonfly boxes!!!
http://www.tonfly.com/Photo-Accessories_500967.html
http://www.cookiecomposites.com/shop/blackbox/73/index.htm

how i know for each fly discipline preferable optimum lens, so The .55 Century is good for ff jumps?

do u have any ff tests of cx100 in good res? thanks

there are over 500 posts on subjects related to this camera....including freeflying. Please read them?
There is no "optimum lens" (for any discipline). But you'll see where most people prefer the low profile of the Century.

hey just wondering what is the cheapest place people are getting these cameras from at the moment?

im in europe but will be back in the states in june and with the exchange rate it is probably best to order online from the states

anyone got recomendations for cheap venders?

thanks

I bought mine from Roberts Imaging about a month ago for $499. Roberts prices are frequently better than B&H, albiet thier website is not as good. I buy all of my camera equipment from them and their customer service is second to none. I always order from them by phone. If you talk to them before about 2 p.m. Your order will almost always be out that day.

[url]http://www.robertsimaging.com/cmItemDetail.jsp?pid=16332
[url]

I paid 599 for mine from jerseyphoto off ebay they hae a store.. came witk bag, tripod, mini tripod, 2xtelephoto lense, .45wide angle lense, stepdown ring, cleaning kit, hdmi cable, 1gig card and screen protecter things ....not a bad deal i thought shipping was free
Team Dirty Sanchez #455,
Muff Brother #4197,
SCR #14847, DPH -8,
Dude #5150

@shamanski: I ordered the box but I didn't receive them. Long production time (Date of order: 30. May 09). I hope (!!) I can tell you something about the box soon...

I don't know, if this production time is normal, but I believe, the quality will be good in favor!

Got mine last weekend. Looks pretty good. Will put it on my helmet later this week. Don't know about ordering time, I ordered mine when the box was still in the design phase.

It'll fit the 50, 60 and 70 batteries, not the big 100 one, something I appreciate as it would've made the box very big for this little camera.

Left side door that'll allow the screen to open so you can see what you're filming. Not sure I'll use this as I drop the camera in without securing it further and opening the door might allow the camera to fall out...

It closes with a single velcro strap, I'll sew the strap myself don't want it to work itself loose. No small screw like on the HC series box (never use that one anyway).

Comes with plenty of padding foam, you won't need much for this box.

Comes with 4 flat screws to bolt it to a quickrelease or your helmet plus a manual (in mostly readable English :D)

My box came in a nice custom shade of purple :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

no )) i mean - how to fix the camera inside the box? by screw in to ground side of the camera.. this camera screw included to box? or i must buy it?

Not included, you need to buy one.

Tip if you can't find any: a manfrotto/bogen quickrelease topplate isn't very expensive and they include a suitable screw (although you need a coin or something to turn a screw like that).

ciel bleu,
Saskia