guscabana

New Sony AVCHD HDR-CX100, CX105

I was originally looking at the Tg3 as my first camera.. But it seems the 105 is a tad more popular and by the looks of it i will choose the latter. But it seems some people have issues with shaking and "ghosting" in some of their shots.. Is it substancial? Im pretty fresh but i will be doing both FF and FS jumping this year, training my videoing skills.. So in conclusion 105 YAY or NAY?

Also i can't seem to find alot of stuff shot with this camera on youtube.. Is there any other place i can see some test shots?

I personally think it would be nuts to buy a camera for jumping long before you're ready to use it. The technology is evolving so fast right now. The CX101 or 106 or whatever comes next might blow away the current cameras. And the prices, unless it's a PC1000 a few years ago, only go down.

Dave

Has anyone figured out how to get the cx100 to store the files in a continuous numbering format? I'm having it reset back to 00000.mts every time I clear the memory card and I would really prefer if it just kept counting from the last file like how all still camera's operate. I know someone has figured this one out but I haven't seen anywhere in the menus to do this yet.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hi everyone!

Sooooo, I am from New Zealand and i got my CX100E a week ago and reading all the post you guys have here i have some questions.
1- How can i edit the videos i download from my camera to my Laptop(it isn't a Mac)? What is the best software for it, or, what software(s) are the compatible to do it?
2- Do I need a Mac to do the edition?
3- Why this camera wouldnt be cool to do tandems video?
4- I am having problems to edit and watch my download videos even in the software original from Sony, any one use it before?

Thanks for you time and Attention

Mauricio

1- How can i edit the videos i download from my camera to my Laptop(it isn't a Mac)? What is the best software for it, or, what software(s) are the compatible to do it?

It may just be the speed of your laptop. Any NLE today (on the PC platform) can manage AVCHD, but your computer processor might not. Sony Vegas, Canopus Edius, Adobe Premiere are the common choices for AVCHD editing.

2- Do I need a Mac to do the edition?

A Mac is the worst choice for AVCHD editing. No, you do not need a Mac.

3- Why this camera wouldnt be cool to do tandems video?

I'm not clear on this question? The CX100 is a very good camera for shooting tandems.

4- I am having problems to edit and watch my download videos even in the software original from Sony, any one use it before?

Hard to say if anyone is having problems like yours if you don't define what the problems are. Again, processor speed plays a significant role in how well AVCHD may be edited.

I hope to get to the DZ tomorrow or Wed. Sorry I can't help now.
In my mind, it's in the General Settings under the File menu options, but I can't specifically recall. I think it's a "Reset to Zero?"
Hopefully I'm not confusing it with another camera.

Did you already go here:

Home

Settings

Photo Settings

File No.

Select "Series"

Edit: This is explained on pg 70 of the handbook.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

It was already on series, the issue is that it keeps resetting to 0 every time I clear the memory card. Its making backing up and archiving the footage a royal pain since everything is named the same.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hey everyone,

I haven't had a chance to go through this entire thread yet, but I'm working on it. I'm looking for 2 things in regards to the CX100 since I'm picking one up today and havent come across it in the thread yet.

1) Is anyone making a sidemount "L" bracket for this cam. I saw Cookie has a sidemount "box", and a generic sidemount bracket, but I'm sure the general bracket will be huge (overkill) and the sidemount box is more than I want. Wondering if anyone has created or can create an "L" bracket for it. I'd be willing to pay for someone to make me one if they have access to a metal shop. I just want to keep it as small and compact as I can.

2)Does anyone know where I can get ahold of some neoprene, or get ahold of premade neoprene covers for a Rebel XTi and the CX100. Again, willing to pay for these if someone is making them.

Thanks a bunch!
"When once you have tasted flight..."

>1) Is anyone making a sidemount "L" bracket for this cam.

They're really, really easy to make. I make half a dozen of them a month (for other purposes - switch brackets, boxes for prototypes.) If you send me the dimensions I can bend you up one.

Thanks Bill, I sent you a quick PM with some details.

As another follow up question, does anyone know how far the 90 degree Hypeye D plug sticks out from the side of the camera? I'm asking because i want to keep it as tight to the helmet as possible, but know I need ot leave room for the Hypeye.

Anyone with the CX100/105 and the 90 degree D pro that would be willing to send me a measurement on how much the "D" connector stands out from the right side of the camera? Or if this is maybe a null issue?

Thanks a bunch!
"When once you have tasted flight..."

Anyone with the CX100/105 and the 90 degree D pro that would be willing to send me a measurement on how much the "D" connector stands out from the right side of the camera? Or if this is maybe a null issue?

It sticks out quite a bit, unfortunately. I use my CX100 with an aluminum bracket on my old Bonehead Optik, and I actually put the plug inside the helmet. It's wide enough that the camera doesn't even have to be flush to the helmet for the connector to reach, even with a 3mm neoprene camera condom.