guscabana

New Sony AVCHD HDR-CX100, CX105

Id the width of the camera is smaller a lot of duc-tape could so it;)

I love the helmets with enclosed/integrated camera boxes, but once they discontinue 'your' model, you're sorta f*cked..:P

And yea...if this thing fro sure accepts the HypeEye (even if its only showing its on/off/standbye) I think Im ordering..

Sure the CCD wont be as good as the CX etc cams. But actually having a fixed lens and no OIS makes a world of difference..

Waiting for a Dbox to be produced in this size will be a whole other matter though..B|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Id the width of the camera is smaller a lot of duc-tape could so it;)

I love the helmets with enclosed/integrated camera boxes, but once they discontinue 'your' model, you're sorta f*cked..:P

And yea...if this thing fro sure accepts the HypeEye (even if its only showing its on/off/standbye) I think Im ordering..

Sure the CCD wont be as good as the CX etc cams. But actually having a fixed lens and no OIS makes a world of difference..

Waiting for a Dbox to be produced in this size will be a whole other matter though..B|

You are limited with the cams you can use with a 2k's FF2 But not the FF3.

the FF3 allows you to switch out the clamshells (aka D-Box) to accommodate other cams. Just unscrew it and screw in the new one.

Plus the cost is a new 2k clamshell shipped to you is half of what a bone head D-box is running right now.

I am waiting the hear back from my rep about this cam. 2k may already have a clamshell that is sized for the CX105. I'll keep everyone posted...

-Bowen
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

How do you guys think I'd get on with my CX7 box, a couple of hours, and some black nasty/padding?

CX105 dimensions 107x60x55 (l x h x w)
CX7 dimensions 131x67x69

I take it this will take a 37mm lens?

Tech specs say 30mm filter so you'll need a step up ring.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

T'is the same glass on this cam as the MC1 has.
Decent stuff..
I think with some coated foam you could fit it in the box. I would not put "nasty" foam that degrades and granulates around it; foam granules are like sand in the zoom and other buttons.

I think with some coated foam you could fit it in the box. I would not put "nasty" foam that degrades and granulates around cut up some beer huggie's ?:P

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Here in Germany Sony has the camcorder on their website. So I droped them a mail about the availibility. Answer came back as follows:
Unfortunately there is a delay with tihs camcorder, so that we can not tell you a date right now.

Anybody got more info on this?
How is the availibility in other countries?

Ralph
Silence is golden. www.bt-ag.ch

In Holland its announced for shipping end of Feb2009, and available for pre-order.

Though DSE hasnt chimed in yet here, he mentioned briefly he did jump the camera and it accepts the Hype-Eye.

The only real debate between choosing this one over a CX11/12 etc seem to be lens/ccd-size vs no-OIS.

Im ordering the CX105E this coming month.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

new stuff = case, but you know that alge ;)

kjipt at du må vent te mai/juni - men håpe æ får tafsa litt på det hvis du kjøpe det ;)
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

hehe wilco. It was writtin in Norwegian dialect ;)

Says:
"bummer you have to wait until may/june - I hope to be able to grope on it if you get it"

;)

alge is a member of the same club as I

edit: spelling

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

From what I got, last week of March/first week of April is when its expected to be in stores (DSE might have more accurate date on that one).

Cookie composites also mentioned already having a Dbox for this one in the works, and available as soon as it hits the marketB|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Hey Alge. Try this link. Looks much better and is a very reputable website

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/8795648/Sony-HDR-CX105E-Handycam-Camcorder/Product.html?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Electronics-_-Video+Cameras-_-Sony%2BHDR-CX105E%2BHandycam%2BCamcorder%2B(Black)&source=5065&engine=froogle_electronics&keyword=Sony+HDR-CX105E+Handycam+Camcorder+(Black)