flossy51

Tonfly or 2KC

I am looking to buy a helmet with two quick release mounts top and side, i have been looking at Tonfly with two Zkulls mounts but the helmet seem really expensive around £512.00 including there 19% vat.
A 2k composites fuzion with two quick mounts is around £340.00 including 15% vat and comes with a cutaway at no extra cost, both prices don't include postage.
Is the tonfly worth the extra £170.00? but it doesn't seem to come with a cutaway or does it, can any help me here?

I can't compare to 2KC but I have a Tonfly Diablo.

I just love my Tonfly....
Light wheight and yet a solid built helmet.

Not much help but his is my oppinion regarding Tonfly.
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Hi Flossy i have a fuzion with 2 Quick mounts and its a great helmet. The exchange rate is 1.02 Euros to one UK pound this makes buying from Europe realy expensive.
My first fuzion had 2 zkulls but i sent it back because the mounts had to much movement, not shore if they are better now.

FYI, the ZkullsTMs that are getting installed into several helmet brands have changed in several details since it came out. Some of the older models (especially those with a silver pin (DOM before 02/2008)) have shown a slight movement. New generation ZkullsTMs (pin in gold colour) have eliminated this.
In case there is someone out there who is using silver pin units that show this movement, feel free to contact [email protected] to replace the systems at no cost.

Happy new year to everybody on DZ.com

I have a 2KC with Zkulls and love it - not sure what I paid for it but there is NO WAY ON EARTH that I'd pay £200 for a skydive helmet let alone the prices that you quoted - they are OUTRAGEOUS just to fasten a camera to ya noggin.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

The Dual Mount is for those that mainly jump DV but often also need to take stills. On the front of the main bracket is a ZkullsTM installed that allows to "click" the stills on. Also for multiple stills cameras where the top mounted stills camera zooms in and the front mounted shoots wide angle.
No problem for the Dual mount on a Fuzion, as long as it has a ZkullsTM top mounted. The front mount bracket works (with a .3 on the video) for smaller camera bodies like D350,400,450. Bigger stills camera bodies are not recommended as they might be filmed by your video camera. You can get prices from dealers ( http://www.rcb-lab.com/index.php/dealer ).

I was comparing both of those two just last weekend and the 2k was more comfy to wear but somehow more bulky and bigger than I would think should be. The CC1 was more (how to say) elegant and more tight on my head. I think there is more padding in the Fuzion (2k).
For some reason I would prefer CC1 (Tonfly) but the price is crazy €615 (euros) with 2 Zkulls and PC 109 or 1000 box , which is about 840 USdol. The helmet only with 2 x Zkulls is about 500 euros.

I wonder what is the price in the USA and where to place the order?

regards
Janusz
Back to Poland... back home.

I paid about 500$ for my Feugo Pro...best helmet i have ever owned by far. It is worth every penny. I got a carbonfiber feugo pro, with chin cutaway, and a little faster shipping.

I went with the cookie box for my pc-1000

The zkulls really arent worth it in my opinion...save some money

For what it's worth, I've been really happy with the service/attention I've got from Giovanni at Tonfly. He answered all of my questions very quickly and paid a lot of attention to making sure I was getting the right tool for the job.

I have a helmet (a "Camera Converter One") on order that should be showing up next week. If anyone is interested to see it, I'll post pics when I get it...
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Have taken a lot of consideration before posting.

I ordered a Fuzion late last year received it end of January.

Got the cage for the CX12 and the top Zkull was well set up for SLR but not the CX12.

Apparently good for 2 audibles, so why did I have to sew a pocket into the liner myself for the second one?

Their AFTER sales service is not as good as their pre-sales service.....anyway ordered a Tonfly and sold my Fuzion the day after I received it.

Not in the same ball game, my Fuzion showed fissure cracks after a number of no contact jumps, just from putting it down when I took off my rig & I am anal about looking after my kit so go figure.

I work in an environment that really demonstrates the interaction between the company & the client.

Just ordered a second Tonfly, their customer interaction is first class.

Giovanni delivers, on time with great customer service.

Just saying it as I see it.

Cheers,

Coops.

I've been jumping my fuzion for a few months now and have done around 30+ jumps on it.

The helmet has a few small scratches from jumping it but is still as good as the day I got it.

I have one of the first small shells they did and it fit's me like a glove and it isn't bulky at all.

The price was £189.00 GBP including VAT, which was well over a £100 GBP cheaper than the Tonfly I looked at which was €350.00. This works out to be around £320.00 with vat and no cutaway.

This made buying a fuzion a no brainier to me but each to there own as they say:)

Tonfly prices often seem to be without VAT and additional cost for sending etc.
Ive heard of several people complaining their purchase at TonFly ended up costyn them a few 100 dollars/euros more then expected..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?