danielshadwick

Getting into camera flying.

Thank you all for the info. But what is with this "mad Skills" thing everyone is talking about. Who started this whole thing? I'm not some arrogant punk. I said I Have alot of tunnel time that's all. A Simple fact. I Already said I admit i'm being impatient and will wait. I would like to continue to run this thread and receive more advice for the future. But let's not pretend like I'm bragging about myself. I Just need advice/info. I've been seeing alot of newbies with less jumps then my Lowlevel ass jumping camera lately. I Guess I was thinking that the tunnel time could help to get closer to camera flying, (Seems as though I was Completely wrong).

It's just seems to be common to see jumpers on here talking about how skilled they are and jump numbers don't count as much skills.

Reality is it just isn't true. Being a very skilled skydiver is just a part of what is needed to fly a camera. Jump number indicate experience in the air and that does mean a lot. You can't replicate everything about jumping out of an airplane in a wind tunnel.

Adding a video camera to your helmet is very distracting. If you can't handle the distraction of a camera and be able fly a slot whether it be RW, Freeflying or any other discpline then trouble awaits.

Adding a still cameras adds so much more distraction then just having a video camera. I currently just added a still camera and was very surprised at what a difference it makes. I am glad I waited to add the still camera.