cdhezel

bullet cams the pros and cons

Yo y'all,

would appreciate feedback with sensible pros and cons of bullet cams, recommendations etc

Blues

Chris>:(
When I go, I want to pass away in my sleep, just like my dear old Grandmother, NOT screaming like the passengers in the car she was driving.

Chris>:(

Why so angry...

The bullet cameras that have been explored in the past are generally considered sub-par to most handycams (sony camera) but from what I understand Sony has created a "bullet" style HD camera that looks promising and should be available in Febuary...

This thread is all about it...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

:P
Hi Teigen,

so I thought until starting to investigate, and am assured there are some good lenses with facility for attachments, and quality is dependent as with cameras on price. But I still haven't seen the evidence anywhere.

C
When I go, I want to pass away in my sleep, just like my dear old Grandmother, NOT screaming like the passengers in the car she was driving.

B| anger no, going crazy with other peoples xmas stress!!

any experience with the gear from 4Kam, they've been assuring me thier new cams are good......

Rgds

CD

B| anger no, going crazy with other peoples xmas stress!!

any experience with the gear from 4Kam, they've been assuring me thier new cams are good......

I have no experience with any bullet cams... I have an Sony HC5 (HDV) and might get a Sony CX12 (Memory Stick) camera in the spring.

I just thought I'd direct you to a thread that might apply... ;)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

If you are a professional skydiver/coach and have a previous neck injury, a bullet cam is pretty much the only option for video (ask Plü from Paratec factory team).
The HXR-MC1 does look promising, but in my opinion, still too big to be called even "bullet style".
But if the "non detacheable cable" problem can be solved, that thingy might look good under next years xmas tree...

No.1 reason NOT to be an astronaut: ...You can't drink beer at zero gravity...

Here you go.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3394598;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................