ozzy13

Best lense for tandems

So when you look through the viewfinder, it shows you what the sensor sees:

Um, no. Viewfinder size/magnification has nothing to do with sensor size.

I couldn't find info on the film camera he mentions, but the Digital Rebel XT and XTi share a 95%, 0.8mag viewfinder. Based on info from various boards, I would hazard a guess that the film camera has a 100%, 1.0mag viewfinder.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I will start to shoot some skydive pics this weekend, I have about 800 video jumps but never made still pics!!! I bought a rebel xti and will use the 18 55 mm kit lens with a .43 wide angle lens.
Is it enough to start up and get used with it ???

Tks a lot

P.s - sorry for the english

>Is it enough to start up and get used with it ?

Sure. The XTi with the 18-55mm lens alone (at widest) seems to me to be just a bit tighter than a typical 4:3 standard definition video camera with a .5 lens on it. So it's not a bad way to start. You may rapidly want a better lens, but that's all part of trying stuff out.

I have a D2X too but no way in hell am I going to jump it :$ Record jump or not. I think my D200 is on the heavy side already, but def. worth it. My D80 is better for my neck though ;)

Just jumped my 1dn2 for the first time this week. Felt heavy as hell on the ground but was fine to jump with (did a mix of belly external video and freefly). The image quality is lovely, but the 8fps is what is the killer deal - I wouldn't want to jump it every jump for sure but for occasional use it's absolutely fine.