matt3sa

Fall rate with new suit

4 years ago I bought my first freefly suit through Tony Suits. I used it for freeflying and video. Doubled layered arms and legs. All poly cotton. Awesome suit and I still love it but I no longer need the excessive drag for control. It is now my tandem suit. I can freefly halfway decent. I'm ready to get a different suit.

My concern is my fall rate. I fall pretty fast due to my build. I'm 5'6 175. I don't want to become a brick because I'm ditching all the material and ouragon claims that the hybrid suit gives you excellent fall rate range. They state something about how it's great for freeflying with slow falling tandems and what not. Anyone have any experience with these "hybrid" suits? I was under the impression that all of ouragons suits are built from a much faster material. I'm just trying to figure out how much of a difference it will really make by going to a less baggy and different material suit. I don't want to shell out 500.00 and end up with a suit that won't satisfy my needs. I would love to get a leaned back sitfly posture for my videos. I'd not a huge fan of wings.