DSE

Wait'll you see the pictures this creates....

NDA prevents me from saying more. Suffice it to say that there are threads on the front of the lens. :)Price....can't comment even if I had knowledge that would permit me to comment.
It uses Exmor!!! That means something. It's very, very cool. Think highly compressed EX1. Scott Campos, Scotty Burns, Norman Kent, myself, and a few others have jumped the EX1...pictures are incredible, and just slightly lesser grade than shooting 16mm film. The EX1 is called the EX, because of Exmor sensors. Can't say much more than that. Remember, it's AVCHD, so it's highly compressed, but....it makes a CX12 look like a toy camera in terms of final quality.

someone asked how long the cable was page 6 of the linked manual says 2.8 meters "fixed". that is a little scary, it would be 'nice' if there was a disconnect between the unit and the camera head, just in case. We also need to find out if you turn on the hold switch can a hypeyeDpro (it looks like it is the d plug) operate the camera, so that the controls on the control unit wont be changing zoom etc when they get bumped during use.

I see the length on the cable says 2.8 meters converts to 9.1 feet .
I can't find a lens thread size ,but the remote controller looks kick ass. :)

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Need a way to have a cameye on the lens so if you do hand cam you can see its recording.

Maybe you were right in guessing the unit is small enought to store in a velcro pocket on a jumpsuit forearm.

Any rumors on price? Gotta get one anyway! Film a second under canopy angle on the foot!

It's nice to see that Sony is trying to create a more user friendly camera for extreme sporters, but the main unit with cable attached seems like it may be more of a pain in the ass or even dangerous. Having a cable routed down to a pocket from the helmet seems strange. Possibly the main unit could also be mounted perhaps on the back of helmet, but that would require a much shorter cable.

Who knows. Just thinking.

NDA prevents me from saying more.

I always wondered what type of restrictions where imposed on you.

Where there restrictions on what you could show during the pre-release of the Sony V1U a few years back. I found the footage to be useless as a resource to determine wether or not to buy one...figured your hands musta been tied or something...or perhaps you were just doing Sony a favor by limiting content.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Possibly the main unit could also be mounted perhaps on the back of helmet, but that would require a much shorter cable.

Who knows. Just thinking.

Hmm, a recording deck coupled with a lens and imaging chip combined in one unit for mounting on a helmet....sounds familiar! :-P

Seriously though, similar to Yarak's mounted LCD screen, it could offer some opportunity for viewing what you are shooting in real time.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live