idrankwhat

zkulls

Just wondering where the consensus was these days on the zkulls mount. After doing some searching it looks like there either are or were some issues with a sloppy fit.
Has this problem been remedied?

Are the folks who have them happy with their purchase?

Did the fact that you now have a HUGE hole in your helmet influence your previous answer?

I'm interested in any opinions. I'm still leaning towards a quick quad but the clean installation of the zkulls has an appeal.

I am happy with mine...very tight fit...

It may be a huge hole but it is reinforced with two metal rings joined by 8 allen screws...and the round piece of carbon fiber I cut out for the hole was already weakened by dozens of holes drilled over the last 8 years of the helmets life.

pics here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3307680;page=unread#unread

I had some problems with the first one i had, it wasn't tight enough, but the manufacturer replaced it with a new revision that has a slightly different locking pin. And now it works well.
No signs of wear yet, and i been using it for 6 months. Real happy with it, no snag points when the camera is removed.
//J

I went to the sore today to get a 50mm hole saw an they only have 2in which is 51 mm. Can this be a problem?
I have a box for my cx 100 im going to side mount on my new invertigo x. Along with a hypeye d pro all in the box.I just keep putting it off due to it looking like it's going to take me an entire evening to do it right.
Wish i had someone else here to do the job for me..

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I had some problems with the first one i had, it wasn't tight enough, but the manufacturer replaced it with a new revision that has a slightly different locking pin. And now it works well.
//J

I have the same problem with the locking pin being a little bit loose. I e-mailed them about the problem and they sent me a rubbersticker that should prevent the box from any movement. It didn't..., seems like ducktape solves about anything.
All speeding past collide and crashing, I'm in paradise.