mei

CX7/CX6 Yet another flutter solution.

I have this camera and the flutter in sitfly drives me insane!

Finally I found the glue-tutorial on gethypoxic.com but i thought, no way in hell I'm doing this myself.. Also I really don't want error codes or slow startup, I think it is slow as it is!

So i contacted a local Sony service center and explained my problem. They passed me along to a lot of diffrent people before i landed at a tech guy who understood what i wanted and why.

He told me it should be simple but since they were authorized by sony he had to check with them before doing any kind om modification to a product. Long story short Sony didn't seem to mind and he offerd to remove the whole Optical Stabilasation Thinngy.

Acording to him this wouldn't result in any errorcodes or slow startup. The cost would be around 100$.

I haven't gotten it done yet since the season is over here in sweden and I'm unsure wheter to keep and modify my CX7 or if I'm going to get a TG3 and go for a sidemount..

Anyhow, just thought I'd share. :D Blue ones!

Hello Mr. Martin!

I think that the TG3 is a really cool camera if you read this thred http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3286328;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread you will find all nessecary information about the TG1/3

By the way, we have a guy at my dropzone that has a TG3 with a cookie mount. Mabe you will meet hime during the winter at Skydive AROS ;)

//MacTim

Could you share your source at Sony? I have done the glue modification on my CX-7, but it is easily reverseable. I don't have any more flutter on my CX-7 (and it's sidemounted), but the delay and error code are annoyances I can live with, but wouldn't mind getting rid of it if it's an easy fix...
Thanks,
Trevor

My source is a Sony Service Center here in Sweden (stockholm).

Inside Service
Björnstigen 87
170 72 Solna
Phone: 08-514 823 50
Fax: 08-795 50 65
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.insidertv.se

But i guess any service center could do this. Lazy link for US folks: http://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do?SR=nav:service_support:electronics:repair:esup&ref=http%3A//www.sony.com/index.php

Please note that I have not tested this on my camera yet. I'm only passing on the information I got from them along since the flutter has been kind of a hot topic here. =)