someday

mounting a cx12 inside sonys waterproof container..on your helmet

a nvertigo -v,

was it the sony housing?, cause it looks somewhat small/flush

and i wanna use a housing cause i wanna protect it, especially when im doing other activities

and can someone just confirm, from what i've been reading it looks like the cx12 has been fully vetted for jumping, is this an accurate statement

and i wanna use a housing cause i wanna protect it, especially when im doing other activities

and can someone just confirm, from what i've been reading it looks like the cx12 has been fully vetted for jumping, is this an accurate statement

You're asking very specific questions but only providing vague information. What are "other activities?" More specifically, why do you want to mount a waterproof enclosure to a skydiving helmet?

And what does "vetted for jumping" mean?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

i apologize for the lack of info...

i was mostly curious about general, i guessto be honest..blue sky jumping..is moisture of any level a concern? the traveling ill be doing will be adventurous, climbing mountains, beach, cliff jumping, bungee, etc... in all respects i would love to protect it from any potential element that i may encounter while in New Zealand, was thinking if the waterproof version were sufficient, well then that would be as good as i could get to protecting the working integrity of the camera.

when i say fully vetted, it seems like its been thoroughly tested in freefall... now crash landings and feet knees face routine, i'm not sure how it holds up...

i appreciate your help and sorry for the lack of information.. if i miss something again...call in an airstrike

welcome to the forum...
sure anything is possible..The real Question is " is it sensible."

by asking about this housing, you show that you're thinking, but no need to OVER do it...

i think that equipiment is for Jaques-Eves Coustou (sp?) like adventures...B|;):)
..the air is waaay less "wet":|... 99% of the time:P

moisture can become an issue though on warm Humid... days.
many a videographer has lost a perfectly positioned subject behind that evil veil of fog...>:(>:(
but it IS predictable and preventable, Lenses will sometimes fog. as the camera gets back down to pull altitude and higher humidity levels .
Sony cameras used to Error Out , if they really got wet.... but I haven't seen a camera have a problem like that in a long time .

anyway that enclosure is more than you'd need for the SOMEDAY..;)B|:)A box which is spec'ed for your camera of choice, and helmet of choice, will give you a safe, solid and proven system. use the money you would have spent on that housing,,, and you're all set..skydive with the equipment, Only when you have reached customarily accepted recommendations within the skydiving comminuty.

enjoy each of the experience building jumps, leading up the ones which will then include a camera...It might Not be a bad idea to wear the helmet a couple of times... figure out how it connects, adjusts, feels,,, how your head will rock, at deployment,,, then add the weight and complexity of the camcorder, afterward..

IF your other outdoor interests include the need for that 'heavy duty ' housing...
then.. i salute you!!!. you're an adventurer.

keep us posted.

jim

wow jim kick ass!

that was awesome

thanks for answering my paranoia questions.. and giving me further direction..

the goal is to become such an adventurer, such a lover of exploration and the outdoors, that i either don't make it back, or the camera doesn't! lol

the chin cup on my n-vertigo-v does not have a cutaway and i was curious if you think i'll need one, (although i'll find out at school) just wanna be prepared...

and hypothetically speaking, if i have a cutaway chinstrap.. can i have skyhook?/ drx? i was told that you dont want those systems because if they get tangled on my head... hypo-speaking.. if i have a mal, cutaway the helmet, then activate the sequence..would i be in the clear? thanks..

i apologize for the lack of info...

i was mostly curious about general, i guessto be honest..blue sky jumping..is moisture of any level a concern?

Yes, moisture is a concern, but jumping a waterproof enclosure is not the solution. While I do admire your critical thinking, one of the first questions I always ask myself as a design engineer (before I get creative) is "how was this done before?" Re-inventing the wheel is usually not necessary... especially if it's an area you're not an expert in. Look around your DZ at the people jumping cameras. Do they have waterproof enclosures? The best way to approach something new in this case (skydiving) is to find out what is the most accepted and safest way to go about it, and provided that makes sense to you, continue in that direction. If, after several hundred video jumps (which you're not ready to begin yet) you have somehow unfathomably ruined multiple cameras from moisture and still think you need a waterproof container on your head... well by that point you'll be able to help yourself.

No offense at all, but the question you're asking in the OP is equivalent to a whuffo coming on DZ.com and asking "how would I go about wearing 4 parachutes instead of 2, to increase my odds of surviving freefall during my first skydive?" Sure, it's possible. But it's not smart, necessary, or logical... and it's not a question they need to be asking at this point. What they need to be asking is, "what's the best way to start skydiving?"
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

hey thanks..

i just thought the size was about the same as the "black box" from cookie, and assumed it would be sufficient...

as a design engineer, you are my hero. i have many design for you.. that will not break as long as i dont make them..

so about that 4 parachute thing...