Bowen

My Vapor Wes Pro project

I just received my Vapor Wes Pro. I am not finished with it yet since I still have to install the cameye and ring sight. I custom shaped the top carbon fiber plate to the contour of the helmet. I used (3) really right stuff (RRS) base plates to hold my camera equipment in different configurations. I can mount my HC-5 and XTI side by side or the XTI and a custom flash bracket side by side. Or the other option is to mount the HC-5 right down the middle. In one picture I have a Raynox .3 lens on the HC-5 and the other is a century optics “baby death .3”.

I have a RRS L-bracket on the XTI for vertical mounting and a RRS non L-bracket for horizontal mounting.

I have no overhang whatsoever on the back and sides except for the bit switch plug (don’t mind the L-bracket hanging over it is not going to be used for horizontal shots).

I will update this post when I have the cameye and ring sight mounted.

-Bowen
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

After talking with the guys at RRS today, I don't think they have a whole lot of margin for "deals".

You might be surprised how much is involved in making a unit of theirs, and it's not like their having 10,000 units made at a time.

They are great people, have a good product, and they let me look through the stuff! It's nice being less than an hour from their shop.

Scott, I'll permit 3 minutes of gloating now, no more, it really is the first QR stuff I've looked at that I like.:P

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Scott, I'll permit 3 minutes of gloating now, no more, it really is the first QR stuff I've looked at that I like.

This is a sure sign that the end of the world is upon us or hell really has frozen over.:P:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I'll add something I consider a useful tip on the Vapor models, or other Skysystems models with the same dytter pocket.

Yesterday I lost my optima dytter in the porter just after getting in. I thought I lost it on the ground, but it stayed in the plane during that load. I later recovered it from the pilot who found it by he's feet during descent. I was well aware of the potential loss of my dytter since the dytter pocket is loose and doesn't hold a dytter well. But after this episode i made a mod to the pocket.

I took a small piece of cordura from an old jumpsuit, added 2 layers of duc-tape on it but left 1/8" cordura be uncovered by the tape. I then sewed the tape and cordura together for extra hold. I then sewed the cordura without tape on to the padding with a needle and E-thread.

Just make sure you size and align the piece of cordura with the dytter pocket for a snug fit.

If I'd had time and material(ZP or F111 instead of cordura for instance), I'd make a better fix, but this works for me now.
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no