cupkake

latest greatest camera for freeflying?

my boyfriend has asked me to find out what the latest, greatest camera is for freeflying... (i just want the camera to record our new lil girl! lol... but it has to work for him skydiving too) so if u could hav any video camera what would you choose??? thanks!

You'll probably get a bunch of sarcastic replies here as this question gets asked a lot, but since you've only made one post hi won't jump down your throat.

Pretty much any camera that's suitable for skydiving is suitable for freeflying, there is no such thing as a discipline specific camera. I'd say your best bet is to get your BF on here and let him use the search function at the top of the page. There is a ton of reading to do and he will be able to make an informed choice. (He is going to want one that has a LANC port on it though so he can plug a cameye into it though.So a good place to start searching would be there.)

For me it would be either a Sony HC3 or HC5 though.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

...i just want the camera to record our new lil girl! lol... but it has to work for him skydiving too) so if u could hav any video camera what would you choose?...

Read this thread on a new camera, see if this suits both your needs.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3286328;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

The thing I like about this camera is the small size of it and the solid state memory. It's also HD and for protection, cookie is making a box for your b/fs freefly helmet.

This is my next camera!
Danger Doug
www.dangerdoug.com

Pretty much any camera that's suitable for skydiving is suitable for freeflying, there is no such thing as a discipline specific camera.

Beware however, you'll find lots of references here to a certain CX6/CX7 that is not suitable a for freefly. Unless you accept a lot of shaking or you're willing to submit said camera to open heart surgery (voiding the warranty) :P

Carlos Martins
Portugal www.cj.smugmug.com