ReyNier

helmet cam with added screen

Using zoom while filming needs a visual control of the frame. Attached pictures show a solution. The image on the screen is easy to see and even when looking into sunlight the screen is visible. The arm that holds a batery pack, screen and comunication system can be easily disconnected from the helmet. Also the angle can be changed to have the screen further up or down in the field of vision. This helmet is used to film rallye cars from a paramotor.

it's not so much the blind spot as the screen is in the bottom part of the vision (above chincup). I see more of a problem with catching lines.
It might be (???) usefull to film crew or canopy flocking. The fact that you can control the frame (when zooming) brings new possibilities for creative footage.

Nice setup, looks a lot like the system used for chase-trailers.
Better than a preview in skydiving (IMO) is a LANC controller that has memory positions for the zoom, so that you're only hitting a button for one of four memorized zoom points (several LANC controllers already exist wtih this feature).
Never tried one on a skydive, but have surely been tempted.

Nifty.

About 5 years ago at a PIA symposium there was a guy shopping interest in a product he had. It was a HUD that replaced the ringsight. About the size of a lipstick tube mounted on top the helmet, and the plexiglas prism to bring the image in front of the eye.

I don't think he got a lot of interest at $900 for BW and $1300 for color, but it was pretty cool, and incredibly small.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

The cost for the system? Not much. You get the screen (ikan V2500) from "adorama" for 89$. power supply including battery is about 70$. The arm to attach to your helmet (any ZkullsTM equipped helmet) you get from RCB-Lab for 39,00€. Add shipping and that's it. Total I would say about 240 US$

For exact info I can weight it next time I have the helmet in hands but it is not heavy at all. The heaviest component I guess is the huge 970 batery pack. Using a 570 will reduce size and weight. The helmet is a Tonfly Carbon Fiber CC1 (700gr), the arm is made from aluminium and the 2.5" screen is light as well.
The helmet is also equipped with a 2way comunication system (incl. radio unit) and all in all I would say about 2 KG (including a CX7). When I get a chance I will weight it.