everymansaved

Broken PC-120, Help!

Well, I went to take the tape out of my PC-120 yesterday, and found that the case of the camera appears as if it's been stepped on, or had some other large force applied to it. I'm not sure when this happened, but it fact remains that I'm unable to get the tape compartment open, and the case is still broken. It's hard to explain, so I took some pictures (which are attached). The tape door seems to be partially open, but it's not really. The plastic covering the tape door is starting to open, but the metal frame that is suposed to open with it is firmly locked in place. The slide to release the tape door is stuck in the open position, but the door will not open. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know a solution? And if none of that works, does anyone have a PC-120 they could sell me? Thanks, take care!
God made firefighters so paramedics would have heroes...and someone can put out the trailer fires.

Well, I have an update. I managed to free the tape door and I got it functioning properly again, but the camera doesn't "ding" and the tape doesn't eject once the door is fully open. It would seem to me that the sensor that tells the camera the door is open in malfunctioning. Does anyone know where this sensor is?
God made firefighters so paramedics would have heroes...and someone can put out the trailer fires.

I'm almost certain it's next to the hinge spring... That's where it is on a lot of these. Some also have it on the sensor arm that tells the camera if there is tape inserted, and if the tape is blocked against being recorded.

Problem solved... kind of. I wasn't sure what you meant by the hinge spring, so I looked around near the only spring I found, which was on the left if you're looking in the tape door, which would actually be the rear of the camera. I was what looked to be a position sensor of some kind and started playing around. I eventually found that I had slightly deformed the rear panel of the camera (where the menu buttons, etc... are) so that it was further from the tape door. The inside of this panel happens to be where the sensor is mounted. I can now get the tape to eject if I squeeze this panel back into place as I open the tape door. It works... for now. I'm hoping it can last me until I find a more permanent solution. Thanks for the help Doug.

Sean LR