kashton

New Sidemounted Freefall Camera

The EIS of the "newer" cams is the same/similar to the EIS of the old cams. None of the new cams (other than the TG1) offer EIS. OIS is now less costly to produce, and outside of high vibration areas, it's superior by a fair shake. Unfortunately, skydiving doesn't fall into that area.

Info for Mac uses

It appears a number of people have commented that Macs do not like working with AVCHD - the output format from the TG1.

This link may assist - outlines the problem and potential fixes for the mac when working with AVCHD format video.
One user has already implemented the VoltaicHD solution - reported this was an easy fix for his problems.

http://theory.isthereason.com/?p=2157

From the article
Here are two workarounds:
1) Save time by batch converting HD video
2) Get a standard format HD camera (e.g. MPEG4)

1. Time-saving method
Since you’re literally left hanging with unwatchable / uneditable HD video, consider making a software investment. For $30, VoltaicHD lets you copy all your footage to your Mac, unplug your camera, then convert the footage while you (and your camera) go and do other things. An additional benefit is how VoltaicHD is Universal binary, so supports PowerPC and Intel Macs, while Apple’s AVCHD converter (in both iMovie’08 and Final Cut Pro) only supports Intel platforms.

2. Standard format HD camera
Granted, non-AVCHD HD cameras might seem impossible to find (Sanyo, you too?!?), but they exist. Paul Stamatiou tried the Samsung SC-HMX10, which is a HD camcorder which saves in regular mpeg4 (.mp4) video files, which is perfect for editing anywhere. If you discover anymore of such HD cameras (flash-based, no DV tapes please!), do drop me a line.

DSE might not like it.... ( said in jest) But I like Pinnacle/Liquid line of editing. then again I am not a major player in the video arena either..... take witha grain of salt
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

DSE might not like it.... ( said in jest) But I like Pinnacle/Liquid line of editing. then again I am not a major player in the video arena either..... take witha grain of salt

He wants to edit AVCHD :S
Which those programs CANNOT do.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

OK more to the manual focus setting.

To set your camera to manual focus with camera out of the box is

For the Liquid 3 lens
Set the camera to manual
Step down using the left button (Little man Left arrow) until you hit 0.1M. Then press the same button four times to get the lens in focus

For the Liquid 5 lens
Set the camera to manual
Step down using the left button (Little man Left arrow) until you hit 0.1M. Then press the same button one time to get the lens in focus

You can also hold the lens in front of the camera and do the same as above to confirm.

Cookie

Help ,,,,,, i have the tg3 with a diamond 0.3 lens . when trying to get the cam to focus in manual as above it will not drop down to 0.1 ..... so i can not get it top focus ... i
YeHaaaaaaaaaaa

Hey Skypimp,

I spose only in jumping would i ever be opening with that salutation :)

I have replied re a PM with details to your problem - but it wouldn't let me attach the uptodate paper - its 350k over the 200 k limit.

PM your email address and i'll send it through

ciao,
Kate
aka LoftyBanter

Hi guys here is my answer to all your problems!

just put this adapter on to the sony tg3 and connect it with your 30 mm wide angle lense!

you can use the photo modus with light and you have a wideangle lense attached to the camera without the cookiebox!

if you are interesting in buying one just contact me!

[email protected]

greetz franz

Better late than never?

Some TG1 footage from the Picton Chrissy Boogie, Syd Australia

Mostly atmo, a little head up / down.
Cookie Hypoxic set up with a Liquid .3(0.29) lens.
Ground swooping footage is taken without lens.

cheers
Kate

HD SP record mode
Final jump sunset-ish - low light

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_tSp3zc4A_I