skydog.paul

my new mount

I ordered a new fuzion from 2k composites with two zkulls mounts and sent it back two days later.
The zkulls mounts had so much movement it wasn't funny.
So having my own engineering shop decided to make my own.
I sent 2kc two aluminium plug to stick in there mould and had them make me some helmet shells to play with
I have finish the mount and have sent one of the helmets back to be painted and fitted up with all the bits.
Hear is the result so fare.
I would appreciate other peoples thoughts on the matter, is it worth spending good money on these and putting into production or should i leave to zkulls.

Well here's my two cents...

It does look well made. But it looks like the camera sticks out way further than it has to on the side. And I never understood why you need a quick release for the video camera, especially when it is in a box. If you need the camera for ground work or whatever, you still need to take it out of the box. Why not just take it out of the box in the first place? The quick release seems like an unnecessary step, that makes the helmet bigger and heavier in the process.

If that Quick release is like some of the similar ones I'ce seen it also allows you to change the rotation angle. This allows you to adjust it so for a freefly it is straight but for a tandem video it is pointed up.

The only thing I see is that side mount cameras are getting harder and harder to find unless you go low end and then you are spending more on the helmet then the camera.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Thanks for your reply
The mount is chopped into the helmet so its not any wider than a standard fuzion.
I wanted a mount the was adjustable for different styles of skydiving and i only have to take one helmet with me when i go away jumping
It also packs away smaller in my all read full kit bag..

X-shut is a good mounting system, zkulls is a copy modification of the x-shut system.

The one thing I don't like in the X-shut is that you can't just attach the "cross" to your camera. You need to fabricate some sort of interface between the male part of the X-shut and your camera. And there goes the low profile advantage.

I bought one and never mounted it. It's for sale, BTW ;)

Carlos Martins
Portugal www.cj.smugmug.com