Thunderbow

$500 to spend - what to get?

My daughter just won a $500 gift card from B & H Photo for me. Need ideas how to spend it. I have 2 pc109's and am getting ready to do some fun jump video. Maybe even put my Canon dslr on top later. What should I get?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

being a nikon fan (i dislike cannon but there is nothing wrong with them) for the past 4 years of my life, i would have to recommend the d60 or d40x there tiny and have great sensors. Just make sure it would work for skydiving before you buy anything.

well, if you want to jump the 109s you will probably want a wide angle lens, i'm sure you could get that from b&h. If you are going to jump stills you could invest in a nice lens for that too. I would also look at quick release mounts as those tend to run about $100. $500 will go real fast.

Save it until you NEED something. you may want a couple of different wide lenses for your videos, you shouldn't need a wide lens for your DSLR to begin with.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

being a nikon fan (i dislike cannon but there is nothing wrong with them) for the past 4 years of my life, i would have to recommend the d60 or d40x there tiny and have great sensors. Just make sure it would work for skydiving before you buy anything.

Well they don't.

Good skydiving cameras from Nikon are D70S, D80, D200, D300.

BTW I'm a Nikon fan too but if someone already has Canon, :S

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I was surprised how expensive it was to get a Dslr on my head...
It didnt just mean a lens but other things as well,mount, bite-switch, flatdock, ringsight, maybe a cutaway for your new setup?....

If was me id probably look at a wide angle for the pc and maybe an extra battery if you dont already have one?
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!