PERRYSTONE04

video editing computer

I just had a shop build a quad core with 3 gigs of ram , 512 graphics card, with Vegas platinum. Cost me $1500...shoot me an email in a week and ill let yo know how i like it!

1st dub took over an hour...now 4 days later 10 minutes. 5 minutes not unreasonable when my mem stick cams come in and I get still more profecient. Nothing special in my edits...just cross dissolves and slomo and simple titles.

Im very happy so far. Finally able to rid my desk of cd player, mixer, tv, dvd burner, cameras for a mouse keypad and monitor!

I haven't EVER bought a prebuild desktop.

What do you guys think of the Dell 420 xps?

The link I provided is a member purchase program link I don't know if you'll be able to see it.

Processor/Display Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Processor Q9300 (6MB Cache,2.50GHz,1333FSB)

Memory4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 DIMMs

Monitors24 inch E248WFP Entry Widescreen Digital Flat Panel Monitor

Hard Drive750GB2 - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache

Optical DriveSingle Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

Video CardsATI Radeon HD3650 256MB

Sound CardsIntegrated Sound Blaster®Audigy™ HD Software Edition

Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed)Microsoft Works 9.0

Security SoftwareMcAfee SecurityCenter with anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, 24-months

Warranty & Service2Yr Ltd HW WRTY, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis, 24x7 Phone Support

price $1499

I wish I could leave off the software bundle, warranty and the anitvirus. I think that would save me about $500
My photos

My Videos

Hard Drive750GB2

? What's GB2?

Anyway you want 2 physical harddrives for video editing, make sure you can easily ad on later. Some prebuild systems have no brackets and no room for any either so adding a 2nd drive is a pain in the %^& sometimes.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

One thing to think about is how much ram you buy on a pre-built pc. Almost all companies out there will over charge for 4GB ram. Many times you can save money by customizing the pc to ship with 1GB and simply goto newegg, etc, and buy 4GB from them and stick the suckers in when the pc arrives.

Example: I just purchased a custom Alienware laptop and to have 4GB shipped with the pc they wanted to add $350 extra! >:( I just got 4GB from newegg at $80 and it was 4-4-4-12 timing to boot! ;)

=--{O}------------------{O}---] D.S.#111 VSCR # 123