dragon2

Nikon's new jumpable FF camera D700

Saskia , it will take some ime until anyone gets their hands on a D700. I've heard that the D700 has no card-door release lever, ( the new INFO button is there ). I suspect the D700 card door will feel worthless and weak . The D3 is a more profesional camera BUT more expensive and for us ...more heavier .
[:/]

The canon cameras all have no-card-door release levers, I think this may be a good thing as up to now all the jumpable nikons except the D80 have had their buttons on the back of the body meaning you can't get to it when mounted up front, a major pain in the ^&* for me at least. The D80 door has no button and it's just fine.

First D700s in the shops should be here (= Netherlands) in a few weeks at least that's what a photographer I told to just said today, also there is a show here this weekend which has a demo D700, i'm not going though have to jump ;)

I'm not buying this camera anyway, I'm jumping a D200 for a few weeks until my new D80 remotes arrive, I like the D200 very much but it is just too heavy for me to jump fulltime. I'll wait until there's an affordable FF D80-size camera ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia