frost

How many jumps do you have on your OIS camcorder?

I just heard of a CX7 giving up after about 10 jumps, the service center said it was due to shaking, the circuitry didnt take it too well and failed.

I am curious if this may be due to the OIS lens? It seems more likely then Sony electronics giving up due to skydiving - their cameras have proven themselves over the years.

So the question is: If you have an OIS camcorder (CX7 hopefully), how many jumps do you have on it now? Any issues?

I have about 10 jumps on my (new) CX7. No issues so far...

I don't own a CX7, but I did put a couple hundred jumps on a TRV-900 that had OIS. It never broke (wasn't the best video though).

I can't imagine a service center would know something had suffered too much "shaking" unless someone was foolish enough to tell them they used it for skydiving...

I just heard of a CX7 giving up after about 10 jumps, the service center said it was due to shaking, the circuitry didnt take it too well and failed.

I am curious if this may be due to the OIS lens? It seems more likely then Sony electronics giving up due to skydiving - their cameras have proven themselves over the years.

So the question is: If you have an OIS camcorder (CX7 hopefully), how many jumps do you have on it now? Any issues?

I have about 10 jumps on my (new) CX7. No issues so far...

I put 10+ jumps on mine with no issues...

Anyone interested in a cookie box for the CX7?? make me an offer its listed in the classifieds...