fr33flyr

Videographers: What's your wing loading?

I was wondering what type of wing loading full time videographers are flying. Specifically those who fly small xbrace canopies. I am flying a a velo 90 at loaded at 2.2

I know the Spectre and other similar canopies were the canopy of choice for a long time but most full time skydivers where I work jump small xbrace canopies. I am wondering if the popularity of swooping and smaller, lighter cameras has changed the trend in what videographers jump?

2.55 loading and i have 2 98 xaos 21 cells. I don't do camera for a living full time though. My helmet is pretty heavy too, see attached photo.I would dump a velo any day for a xaos 21cell. Just my 2 cents

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I jump a Xaos 21 loaded @ 1.8. The openings on that canopy are brilliant for flying camera. I know at least one or two full time videovraphers that swear by them too. Incidently, I used a rig with a Spectre 150 in it as a backup rig for shooting a 4-way camp... My neck will never be the same!:S

God made firefighters so paramedics would have heroes...and someone can put out the trailer fires.

2.3 on the Velocity 90. 2,3 on the FX 89. 2.3 on the Xaos 89. 540s on every one, great practice. I only do about 150 video per year, not full time. I do a lot more fun jumps. The Velo rules for the swoop.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

I fly a Velocity-103 between 2 and 2.2 wingloading depends what I'm wearing and carrying...
But I only recommend X-braced canopies for very experinced full time everyday skydivers.
You have to be very current.
Dealing malfunctions, traffic, and etc. while wearing a camera wing and the camera gear could be very easily more difficult than it has to be with any X-braced canopies.
Personally I made 3,000 Stiletto jumps before I swapped to the Velo.
I also pack for my self!!!
-Laszlo-

Velo 103 @ ~2.0

Second rig has a XFire2-139 - which I have to admit is one of the nicest opening canopies I have ever jumped. Maybe it is just this specific one, but man, it opens nice. It's the smallest canopy that will fit in my old container.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka