YISkyDive

CX7 Mounting

Hello All,

I am highly considering the the Sony CX7. Would the cool Kats with CX7s show me how you have them mounted?

Does anybody have the CX7 side mounted or all top mounted? Currently I fly the older style Rawa and a Pentax *ist DL w. 15mm Sigma; so I would like to side mount it if possible.

Thanks!

- Kramar

Hello All,

I am highly considering the the Sony CX7. Would the cool Kats with CX7s show me how you have them mounted?

Does anybody have the CX7 side mounted or all top mounted? Currently I fly the older style Rawa and a Pentax *ist DL w. 15mm Sigma; so I would like to side mount it if possible.

Thanks!

- Kramar

Did a search for you and found this thread that might answer some of your quesitons:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3154830;search_string=CX7%20side%20mount;#3154830

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I have jumped the CX-7 in a sidemount cookie box for about 10 jumps now and it's been working. with the box, it is exactly the same width as my old PC100 was with its carbon fiber L-bracket, neoprene condom and the bracket's fastex buckle. (I measured both on the helmet before mounting). It feels lighter but I did not weigh both systems. I made about 1500 jumps with the PC100 sidemounted. I have not had any problems with the risers hitting the CX-7 and my neck ligaments really like the low center of gravity on opening vs topmount. When my Hypeye D Pro ships, my system will be just how I want it. I have experienced severe, unacceptable flutter with the CX-7 when I sitfly- even when it is snugly in the box...trying to figure out how to remedy that... I'll post a picture of the sidemount tomorrow...

That’s what I was worried about- the vibrations on the side mount for sit flying / head down.

I really like the FF3 idea; I have been thinking about a new helmet but with the way the exchange rate sucks it’s an expensive move.

Through a search I read about TonFly potentially having a side mount option - can anybody confirm this and / or show a pic?

Thanks again everybody for your input.

Trevor - I look forward to seeing your helmet.

You shouldn't go bigger than what I've got; a century optic .3 Ultra Fisheye MKII. It doesn't extend outward past the cookie box, so the riser cannot hit it. I did have a problem when I jumped with a runny nose and got some 'foreign matter' crawling across the lens...ruined a beautiful shot of a demo into a ESPN Lacrosse game. As you can see in the pics, it is no wider than my PC100 w/bracket.

Strange you might ask about lenses...I've been asked to do a "real world" lens comparison test with the various lenses, and someone is actually *paying* for it, and I have the right to publish the results anywhere I'd like....
Watch for it early next week.
Cameras will be Sony HC9 and CX7, using standard EIA res chart and Beale chart

Strange you might ask about lenses...I've been asked to do a "real world" lens comparison test with the various lenses, and someone is actually *paying* for it, and I have the right to publish the results anywhere I'd like....
Watch for it early next week.
Cameras will be Sony HC9 and CX7, using standard EIA res chart and Beale chart

oh snap I am anxiously awaiting this!!! Do you have a cookie box to test the lense fitment?

I'm not aware that Tonfly is offering a CX7 box, as I'd asked about it at one time. This may have changed. top mount, yes.

My CX7 box from Tonfly is due to ship in a week or so ;)

They are making the first boxes right now - guess they will be added to the web site in the next couple of weeks.

Mine will be topmounted on a Fuego Pro. I'll upload a pic when it arrives!

Heres my CX-7 box under a box for a 105.. At its widest point the box for the 105 ( Only a small part at the bungy ) is actually wider than the CX-7 box....Its longer by about 20cm.

For me its all about the .3 raynox not being suitable for the side mount.... With something low profile im guessing it should be fine...
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

im still a "Camera Virgin" in that i have only done 4 jumps with it now, but so far i have no issues with the side mount(touch wood)...
I chose to side mount due to the fact that im 6'4" tall already and did not want any more height 'issues'...
Take it easy... and if you get it easy, take it TWICE!

Just received my Tonfly helmet with L-bracket for CX7 prefitted ( waiting for Cookie box to arrive still ) .. excellent fit and everything, almost ready to jump this weekend .. apart from one silly problem : how did you guys non-desctructively remove the wrist strap ?? I cant get the rear end to open. Do i have to unscrew the right bottom part of the cover ??

Just received my Tonfly helmet with L-bracket for CX7 prefitted ( waiting for Cookie box to arrive still ) .. excellent fit and everything, almost ready to jump this weekend .. apart from one silly problem : how did you guys non-desctructively remove the wrist strap ?? I cant get the rear end to open. Do i have to unscrew the right bottom part of the cover ??

I posted a thread about this already... seems its not possible to remove without cutting.

I'm looking at getting the Optic Illusion and side mounting it as well. But not as you did. I plan on mounting the cookie box on the side of the top platform for the still. It brings the cookie box in just over an inch. Side projection is about the same as most of the narrower PC/HC cams. I saw another cam mounted this way and it works out nicely. Sorry, no pics.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity