AUSkyguy

Question?

I just got offered to take video and pictures of a band playing at a bar here in Auburn and I don't know how much to charge them. I'll be using a rebel Xti and a sigma 10-20mm lens. It'll probably take 2 hours. How much should I charge?
-Chris Martin

My company get's 120.00 an hour for video production and still images would depend on the use and how many images as well as copyrights. So a little more info on the stills would be needed.

As Phil said, it is tough to do both as a solo camera operator.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I just got offered to take video and pictures of a band playing at a bar here in Auburn and I don't know how much to charge them. I'll be using a rebel Xti and a sigma 10-20mm lens. It'll probably take 2 hours. How much should I charge?

A Sigma 10-20mm without a flash ? Im not a professional photographer but this setup sounds like a bad idea.

Most likely the bar is going to be quite dark and you would need a decent flash (preferably with a bouncer). The lens isnt really good for anything other than taking pictures of the audience, and even then you will propably not have enough light.

A 50mm f/1.8 would be a cheap solution to actually make some difference. With f/1.8 the need for a flash isnt nearly as big.. Canon 50mm 1.8 is something around 100 dollars..

Personally I like the 16-35 L f/2.8 alot for this kind of things. Even though it is also really wide and demands you are close to the subject.. (I also shoot with 1.6 crop censor)

Attached a sample of the 16-35 B|

Nah, I'm using a flash. And I also have other lenses that I'll be using. Thanks for the help guys. I quoted them a price and I'm doing the job tonight. I'm gonna be shooing stills mostly but I'm also gonna set up a video camera on a tripod just for a few songs in particular.

Thanks again for all the help ;)

-Chris Martin

Nah, I'm using a flash. And I also have other lenses that I'll be using. Thanks for the help guys. I quoted them a price and I'm doing the job tonight. I'm gonna be shooing stills mostly but I'm also gonna set up a video camera on a tripod just for a few songs in particular.

Thanks again for all the help ;)

Good luck!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka