Jib

Leg Pad Length & Comfort

I'm looking at a used rig and the leg pads are estimated at 3-4 inches too short. Will it be really uncomfortable and should I plan to get them replaced or can I get by for 100-200 jumps with it? The rest (1/2" short stabs & 1" too long MLW) I think I can deal with.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

It will most likely be uncomfortable, but the only real way to know is to try the rig on. If you do have to get them replaced it will probably cost around $100.00 USD (That's only a guess).

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

My first rig was a 1996 Talon and the narrow legstrap pads were very uncomfortable.

I asked my rigger how much I was looking at to get the legstraps replaced and he whipped up a pair of slip-over pads for $60.

They had closed-cell foam and you just threaded your old legstrap and leg-pad through it for added cushion & surface area. I think it took him maybe 45 minutes to make them and they looked like they came from the factory.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

When I worked at Rigging Innovations, we concluded that closing that last 3-4 inch gap on leg pads was a fashion issue for most people.
I have made hundreds of jumps on leg pads that were slightly too short and never noticed.

As for the other poster disliking narrow leg pads on Talon 2s ... they are the only pads that are comfortable on my skinny buttocks.

When I worked at Rigging Innovations, we concluded that closing that last 3-4 inch gap on leg pads was a fashion issue for most people.

Hah, maybe for some people, but I have non fatty legs, and the leg straps without padding leave bruises on my legs and hurt like hell. Its on my backup rig and I hate it. That last 3-4 inches is crucial.

--
Jonathan Bartlett
D-24876
AFF-I